Exporting

Does any have any information on exports from Belize? If I wanted to sell mats made by local craftsmen and women or wood figurines how can I make that happen?  The only thing I've really seen is chocolate heading out of Belize... anyone?

I think biggest problem is getting a buyer at the overseas end as you are not likely to be able to get the large regular quantities most import companies  will require. If you could make contacts with a us local small company' or even a couple gift stores who would like "unique hand made"items in small quantities ( less than the gross per week, per item, which bigger import companies demand) If you have this  guaranted buyer for the items then the Belize commerce  dept, should be able to give you the legal rules and information. There is a business office in Belmopan who deal with business set up in Belize etc they may be pf value to you also as they should know the import/export regulatons.
Hope some of this helps.

The major issue here is going to be getting a work permit. In order to export things out of Belize, you will have to have some sort of 'business', which will require you to have a work permit. The potential way around that is to form a business with a Belizean citizen. I am not sure if that is an option for you at the moment, but could be a valid route to pursue. I don't know  if you can do the same with a 'permanent resident', but someone here may know.
Hope your venture in Bullet Tree is coming along.