Best cities for retirement in Dominican Republic

Hello everyone,

An increasing amount of people want to spend their retirement abroad. Would you consider giving a few tips to those looking into the Dominican Republic for their retirement?

What are the most attractive cities for retirees in Dominican Republic?

Why are these the best cities in Dominican Republic for retirement (quality of life, cost of living, climate, health, security, etc.)?

Are there any specific areas in Dominican Republic where there are special retirement schemes or retirement-friendly residential areas?

Are there any activities suitable for retirees in Dominican Republic?

Do you have any tips on where to start looking or how to choose a suitable city for one’s retirement in Dominican Republic?

If you have, yourself, chosen to spend your retirement abroad, please tell us what city you have chosen and why?

Please share your experience.

Bhavna

We cover this constantly on the forums!

As we have discussed, it's individual.  It depends on what people actually want.

There is NO best city!

Las Terrenas. Living there since 2004.

Why: first of all the Dominican Republic itself. Easy access with whatever country in the world. The second largest island in the Caribbean with large cities like Santo Domingo. Here, whatever you want, you can buy. Even Ikea is here !

Then Las Terrenas. I looked for an authentic village, with amenities 15 years ago not much but i knew that it would grow. So i settled here.
Now Las Terrenas is a nice beach front village, safe, international community which created shops, restaurants, etc.

NO all-inclusive resorts but everywhere access to whatever beach. You just stop and enjoy the beach.
Good medical facilities. new international clinic and another one is coming. Dentists, doctors, etc.

Sports: gym, body surf, kiting, hiking, biking, horses, etc.

2 large supermarkets now.

An international community which is growing every day.

So, that was best for you! Excellent you found your piece of.paradise!

Moderated by Bhavna 3 weeks ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

The post has been removed.  Don't advertise on this forum!

I totally agree Tony.  We have a home in LT.  Lifestyle is fantastic.  Gary 🇨🇦

I love LT. Just don’t like all the tolls to get there.

Las Terrenas has among the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever visited.