Tattoo's on women in DR?

What is the meaning of a woman with 4 star tattoo on her upper body? Since I read here that women with tattoo's work the streets.

In my time these tattoos were for sure "tramp stamps".  But nowadays it seems that even decent girls don't mind looking like sluts.  Some of them report that they don't even make hem look slutty.

never knew you can make stars look slutty. She did say the stars represent her 4 children. And she does have 4 children, ranging in age from 19 to 5

Wow, so tattoo equals slutty? In what world? This sounds more of a personal opinion than about culture here or anywhere. Don't judge a book by its cover comes to mind. To each's own. It's all good!

thank you for your input DRyaimi

As a military service woman with 25+ years honorable service( including multiple deployments), and married 20+ years, with multiple tattoos(12+), I would not judge a person by their tattoos. Slut shaming for reasons such as tattoo, is antiquated. I know many woman that express their pride in their children by representing them on skin.  If you want to know about a persons tattoos ask them not a stranger on the internet.

posted by gabe30
Forget monogamy. It rarely exist in today world.  With all that I said about the Domincan women, I have to admit, they are beautiful people, One of the most (if not, the most) beautiful people in this world, but, not everything that shines is Gold. ALot of them are heartless. They will use your ass up until they find the next sucker to use. There are some good women out there, but it's like trying to find needle in a haystack. Also, watch if a Dominican women has a tatoo on her body. That is a sign that the girl may not be marriage material. Learned from a friend that a girl with tatoo on her body in the DR is a huge red flag when searching for commitment. Also, make sure that her family (mom and father) are still together. If the father is not there, the relationship is going to be difficult  to maintain. A father plays a HUGE role in a woman's life. So, this will be another red flag.

just gathering information on what to look out for

Okay we are not talking about the whole world we are talking about the DR. No one intends to shame anyone. what is acceptable in many places will be judged here. 

Culturally  this is a CATHOLIC country.  Tattoos are a sign of low class amongst many here!   

A small discreet tattoo is one thing but having huge tattoos that show all over is not acceptable here.   That is reality at the moment. And yes, it is changing, but slowly.

4 stars =  4 babies,  never heard of that!  Also never heard it meant anything else either.

Indeed

I'm glad so many of you have corroborated my message that many girls don't even acknowledge that tramp stamps make them look slutty. Spanish words for the day......'cueros',,,'chapeadoras'.

I disagree about dating a chica that has no father in the household. I have been happily married for over 5 years to a native Dominican gal who never had her father in her life. She is also a great mother to our two beautiful daughters.

It's common that many don't have fathers in the house since so many of the fathers run off when they find that their 15 year old girlfriend is knocked up. The minimum age 'street legal' thing doesn't apply to locals. That's just another scam to shake down gringos.

It should apply. I am personally sickened at the number of young girls who get pregnant in this country!

One of the highest teen  pregnancy rates in the Caribbean. 

Bob K

I have not been here i a while for  couple of reasons. However in responce to the tatoo bit; it ain't all bad.  Some are indicatve of availability to play, some just cause their friends have one. Most of the street girls have them just above their ass, some don't.  In my 30 years + in the islands, I have had some great girlfriends. I found them working in stores, for attorneys, respectable occupations. Of course at times I have fallen in lust as we all have, wheather we are men or women.  My point is that patience & thinking clearly of your needs in a relationship can garner you a satisfying time with a wonderful, warm , giving woman. I do miss the old site where I received daily posts from the site. To those who wish to communicate with the Gypsy ..The Tinker ..or The Tuba,  PM me or email me.  I miss you all,  even you Bob K !

So nice to be missed. We miss you too

Bob K