Work Permit

Hallo !

I am going to stay in Amsterdam, possibly in some other city, for a short term - 1 to 4 months.

In order to get temporary job i  must find "Sponsor" - the Employer who would support me with the Work Permit.

May be any of you could give hints as to which companies in which branches could be interested in this respect ?  With possible  extension of  the working relations ? 

Lol

You won't find a temporary job for a couple of months. It simply doesn't work that way.

Hi again.

I'm confused; according to your Forum information, it says your a Latvian, so an EU citizen; as such you have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU, so don't need a work permit.  You do have to register with the Gemeente within 5 days of arrival, from which you'll get your BSN number and will be able to work, get medical insurance etc.  You should be aware that while you have the right to live and work in the Netherlands, you may not rely on the State to support you and if you do, they could ask you to leave.

With regards to working, I'd advise you to contact and register with one of the many agencies (uitzendbureau) - use Google, they will tell you whether they think you will get any work.  I agree with Ramses K that temporary work as you are describing is difficult to find and maybe seasonal.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks a lot !!

In fact, my status is  permanent resident of the EC.  That's a bit different((

As i wrote above, i must have work permit.

Ah, then that is very different and you will need to apply for a work permit etc.