Importing Pets into Mauritius - Urgent help required

Please can someone assist us urgently.  We have received communication from our agent in Mauritius  that the department of veterinary services is no longer allowing more than 1 pet to be imported into Mauritius.  We are absolutely devastated as we started this process 6 months ago and have 2 dogs and a cat that we would like to import.  We are leaving for Mauritius on 1 June and my husband is a Mauritian citizen.  I have not seen this information anywhere before and neither has our South African agent.  What can we do?

You can contact the veterinary department of the ministry yourself to know what it's all about.

http://agriculture.govmu.org/English/Pa … ision.aspx

Thank you I will do so.  This is such devastating news as the process is so long (6 months)  before the pets are eligible for the move

Hi there

We are also moving across in July with 3 pets and using Mr Hurry to clear us through, so this is not good news.  I'll follow up on my side with our local company to see what is going on.  Can we communicate privately further about this?  I'll send you a contact request.

Regards Viv

Yes please let's communicate - we are due to leave in a week's time so really stressed right now

We imported our 2 cats from the Netherlands as recently as 3 weeks ago (both of them under my name only). We had no issue and never heard of this new requirement.

You should indeed try to understand what this is all about with the Veterinary services.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everybody,
Please check on H... a professional pet relocator.
She just helped a couple to bring 2 dogs and 1 cat in Mauritius.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you

Yes we also used H.. and she was most helpful

I guess definitely the best in Mauritius

Hi there, can you please send me the details for Mr Hurry? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, please can I have the details of the person who works with pet relocation? Thank you

Hi
Please may I have the details also
Thank you

Hi
Did you manage to resolve the problem?
I am also in the process of moving with my dogs
Thank you

Hi
Please can you share the details of “H” to assist in pet relocation. Also estimate costing from SA.

Many many thanks

Please check your private  inbox dear

@2019MUR Hi there, did you come right with your pets? About to start the process for 6 dogs and 3 cats

@2019MUR ****

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please register in the business directory.

We brought our 4 cats from Mauritius, you will need to get organised quickly. A lot of paperwork, certificates etc. We had a very good agent.

Hi, I brought 4 dogs and 3 cats without many problems. You can use an agent or do it by yourself (what I did, but it takes time). I can explain the full process, just remember the needed delays :

• all pets must be sterilized with a certificate
  • at least 4 months before coming, Rabies vaccination (both cats and dogs)
  • at least 3 months before coming and 1 month after rabies vaccination : rabbies test (both cats and dogs)
  • Dogs only: less than 45 days before coming, bruccela test (and other required tests)

@Nat_Sloane Hi Nat I am from Capetown Southafrica, can you please tell me what was the experience flying with your pet dogs ,Can you give me as much info ?

Also how long did they stay in Quarantine?

Which Company Removals did you use ?

Thanking you Talia

@TALIA 1304

Air Travel Services - Cape Town side

Air Pet Relocation -Mauritius side

This is who we used , arriving from Table view

was most cost efficient

@slybridges I know it's been a few years, but how did the procedures go? How was the quarantine and how did your cats do traveling? I also have two cats to import. Thank you!

@sidneymarakie May i ask for an estimate of costs please? I have 2 dogs and a cat and would really love to move with them if feasible. If anyone else can provide and estimate it would also be appreciated!