Belgium Visa Processing Timeline and Documentation

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience in getting the long term D visa for Belgium.
I had tons of questions for the visa application, but this forum and the responses from people have been of great help. Mostly though AneeshKs's responses were our savior and I am really thankful for those.

We received the work permit from the employer in a month and below documents were required:
1. Degree Certificate
2. Contract Document
3. Photographs
4. Medical Certificate - > through a accredited doctor and in the required format (not required to be legalized)

After we received the work permit, we gathered the below documents ourselves and from the employer:

----- 3 exact sets of the below documents were required (one with original, rest two copies -----

Primary Candidate (W.P Holder):
1. Passport Copy
2. Previous Schengen Visas
3. Application form (is now filled online)
4. Photographs
5. Language Form
6. Work Permit
7. Medical Certificate (the one used for W.P)
8. PCC Certificate (got through Passport office and duly legalized)
9. Admin Payment Proof.
10. Visa Fee

Dependent Spouse :

1. Passport Copy
2. Previous Schengen Visas
3. Application form (is now filled online)
4. Photographs -> they told to remove the spectacles.
5. Language Form
6. Work Permit Copy
7. Medical Certificate -> got for the same doctor -> format was different for spouse since work permit format is only required for primary applicant.
8. PCC Certificate (got through Passport office and duly legalized)
9. Admin Payment Proof.
10. Visa Fee
11. Contract Copy
12. Medical Certificate  - > through a accredited doctor and in the required format (not required to be legalized)
13. Housing Document -> got a temporary contact
14. Health Care statement -> statement from insurance company or the employer confirming that you will be covered in Belgium for medical costs.
15. Marriage Certificate -> (duly legalized)
16. Birth certificate -> (duly legalized)

We applied for the Visa together.
The primary applicant requested for one year validity.
VFS Person suggested that the dependent spouse apply for 6 months else there are chances that the application will be sent to Belgium and it will take a lot of time.

Note : Legalization required -> Notary Stamp -> SDM Attestation -> Apostile Stamp from MEA.
PCC only required MEA Apostile

We got the visa in 3 working days (Including submission and collection)

I hope someone will find this information helpful and good luck to the applicants.

Thank you shivamgrover21 for the follow-up, this information will be of great use to many members.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Very good ! This can be a reference for many others. Thank you !

Hi Aneesh,

I had a few questions for the next phase.

I have been given a monthly temp accommodation from the employer for March
Since we have to report to the commune within the first 8 days of our arrival in Belgium and the current rental agreement we have is a month long temp rental agreement for the month of march.

What would be the process for resident permit registration for us ? I believe we would use the temp accommodation and would have our own rental agreement April onwards.

Are we allowed to do the police verification on our temp accommodation ? If yes, then can we get the address changed so that the PUK/PIN document is received at the new residence ?

Thanks
Shivam

Hi,

Thanks, it is helpful, though I have few questions.

My employer has applied for a work permit in Jan 2019. And I had given a PCC which I got it from passport office and also a medical certificate from authorized doctor which I haven't apostiled it. Do you think there are chances of rejection? And when had you applied for the permit, was it before january 2019.

Medical certificate needs not be apostilled, but PCC needs to be.

shivamgrover21 wrote:

Hi Aneesh,

Since we have to report to the commune within the first 8 days of our arrival in Belgium and the current rental agreement we have is a month long temp rental agreement for the month of march.

What would be the process for resident permit registration for us ? I believe we would use the temp accommodation and would have our own rental agreement April onwards.

Are we allowed to do the police verification on our temp accommodation ? If yes, then can we get the address changed so that the PUK/PIN document is received at the new residence ?

Thanks
Shivam

Can some expert please help with this query ?

Thanks for the info. I will check with my employer regarding the status as I haven't heard from them since 1 month after the application.

shivamgrover21 wrote:

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks
Shivam

When you report to the commune, they most likely will give you an appointment one to two months in future. Additionally: You can also tell them you currently have only a temp accommodation for a month and request an appointment for a date later than a month (mid or end of April). It is important you stay at the same address for the whole duration of the RP processing (application till delivery of the card). Means, changing address after police verification will damage the whole process.

Thanks Aneesh

sanghamitra_padhi wrote:

Thanks for the info. I will check with my employer regarding the status as I haven't heard from them since 1 month after the application.

It took almost 2 months for some I know since they had backlog due to new years holiday period

Hello Shivam

Could you advise which VFS center you applied from?

thanks

Delhi VFS

Hi, thanks for sharing! I saw your partner also has a 'work permit', may I know if that's also provided by a employer? And is that a must document during the visa application for a dependent spouse. Thanks!

Work permit is provided to the primary applicant and the employer files for work permit.
A dependent spouse needs work permit copy and primary applicant needs original work permit to file for the D Visa.

Congratulations😊
When did you apply?

Hi,

Do you know how much would be the administrative fee for the work visa (Visa D) application of primary applicant for long stay?

I see the Immigration website for applicability and exemptions but it is not quite clear if I need to pay 60, 200 or 350 Euros by the given description.

Need this info urgently as I have visa appointment tomorrow.
Thanks,
Himanshu

350 for the main applicant and 200 for dependants.

@aneesh Thanks a lot!

I'm Mongolian.
I got my permission to work in Belgium.
But currently I am in Japan for travel.
We dont have Belgium embassy in Mongolia. Currently people go to Beijing for long term term Belgium visa.
SO MY QUESTION IS:
During my travel in Japan, can I apply for long term visa in Belgium embassy in Tokyo instead of going to Beijing, China.

If you are on a short term travel to Japan, you cannot. If you have a resident status in Japan, you can.

My brother has got approved work permit B. He filled the visa in India and we thought he will get the visa approved in a week or so. But the belgium embassy invited him for interview and they took his eductional documents like BTECH Degree certificates etc. Do you think there is any chance of rejection of visa D even after geting the work permit B approved? We are waiting for decison.

First of all, please dont paste the same question in multiple threads.

In your brother's case, the only way is to wait. You can contact the consulate by email and ask what is the status and if your brother's file is sent to Belgium. If so, what is the tracking number to track progress.

Hi I'm Indian studying in Singapore got an internship in Belgium it Paid 1000€ and part of my studies. My host company is telling I don't need any work permit because we already have few interns we haven't applied for any one, And moreover it's part of study you still consider as student.  But Mumbai counslate sent an email to me submit work permit.  But I applied my Visa as Visa D student catogery as per on of Indian Intern mentioned who already working in Belgium.  I applied on Feb 27 but haven't heard any new will anybody aware of this kind of situation please help me.

Long stay visa has certain categories - like student, worker, spouse of a worker or EU citizen, etc. To apply a D visa you must have documentary proof for one of these. If you want to apply for student visa, you must be enrolled to a Belgian university (or an erasmus or extended study program that your current university must give enough documentation to prove that should be attached with your application). If you want to apply for a D visa as a worker, you must have a work permit.

Do check with the other intern (Indian) to see what all documents he/she submitted. Now that your file is sent to Belgium, it may take a while to get an answer.

Aneesh Does Main Applicant require to submit birth certificate as well..?

No. But it may be required later to register in the local office here.

Hi Shivam,

Your info helped alot.

I've three queries:

1. Admin Payment Proof - How did you manage to pay this amount from India? If yes, Can any Indian bank initiate this transaction?
2. Language Form - Can you share the link for any template, please.
3. Didn't you get your degree certs apostilled? Appreciate if you share detail on apostille process and cost, please.

Thanks,
Amit

Just wanted to update- I've got my answer for #2. - Ref: https://india.diplomatie.belgium.be/sit … e_form.pdf

Hi Amit

1. Our employer sponsored the admin fees.

2. And the language form was given to us in the VFS itself.
You need not take the form yourself.

3. Educational certificates do not need apostile.

(rest of the apostile process preview is mentioned in the main post)

1. And yes, any bank can do this for you.

Thanks, Aneesh. However, the Belgium immigration web site* stated that 'the contribution needs to be in EUR and to be transferred to bank account'.

* Ref: https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/news … ation.aspx

How all forex valuation will be considered and will it be acceptable by the office?

Go to your bank branch in India. They will do the transfer in EUR and charge equivalent INR from you. Make sure you use the transaction reference exactly in the format mandated.

Thank you very much for guidance.

Hi, I applied for student D long term visa for my internship but today I got a refusal letter.

"Of the decision to refuse the issue of visa accordance with articles.....
• of the act of 15 December 1980 relating to entry to the territory, right to remain and removal of foreign nationals.

By
• the representative of the minister for migration and asylum Management, competent for granting entry to the territory and the right to remain, as well as for the removal of foreign nationals.

Can anyone tell me what should I do now ?

Did you apply with a work permit ? or did you apply on student visa category ?

I applied with student visa catogery

If you are not enrolled to a university in Belgium, this result was expected.

Hi All,
My Spouse's Birth Certificate is in Hindi and we have applied for an english one which is taking a lot of time. Can anyone suggest if a duly legalised translated document will work?

Hi, my belgium longterm D work permit application was submitted on 12-02-2019. Still I didnt get any letter . Its alomot 2.5 months gone but no news.

That means my application has rejected or?

Please guide me. Thanks.

I am enquiring contentiously with my employer but they were saying they also dont get any response from their relocation agent.