Belgium family reunification visa Decision

Hello there

I applied for a Belgium family reunification visa. Two months after I applied, the decision came to me.

-In afwachting ontvangst van documenten die de visumaanvraag ondersteunen en die door de Belgische diplomatieke/consulaire post per diplomatieke valies verzonden wordt.-

We are the same sis.

Good day.

I would like to confirm if it's true that for non EU national, it takes almost 9months for family reunification visa to be approved?

Thank you for your response.

No. It will not take 9 months, only 6 months. After 6 months, your file will be expired.

It depends on the nationality of the sponsor/partner.

9 months if he/she's non-EU, up to 15 if further investigation is needed.
6 months if EU.

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

It depends on the nationality of the sponsor/partner.

9 months if he/she's non-EU, up to 15 if further investigation is needed.
6 months if EU.

Hi Alex!
    I applied for dependent visa within 2 months of my husband reaching Belgium. My file shows "In Treatment". Do you have any experience in such cases?? like processing time fast or regular if one applies within short span.

Thanks!
Monika

Hi Alex
We got a response from the Belgian immigration for our application for a family reunification visa, which says

a certificate of family reunion from the Belgian health insurance (called “ziekenfonds”) for you and your son.

My husbands insurance from AXA says:
The employer also offers you the possibility of joining the following persons at your request:
- his/her spouse or cohabiting life partner
- the legitimate, recognised and adopted children and those dependent on the household for tax purposes
(and this up to a maximum of 25 years of age)
The affiliation is compulsory for the staff member. It is optional for the members of the family and is done by
fully family composed by the whole of the above mentioned insured

Is this sufficient or do we need something else?

Hi!
After you provided Zikenfonds, is your Visa approved?

Thanks in advance!

Hi
They have accepted the letter from the insurance company.
There was a spelling mistake in my husbands name in our marriage certificate, so making an affidavit for that and submitting soon.

I have already submitted too many papers, so it should be ok after this last paper :))

Hi guys,

I will be applying soon for the work permit visa and vfs told me that I can apply for the family reunification for my wife at the same time.
They said that It is enough to show that I have a work permit and residency approval.

Does anyone have any idea about that?
If we applied together, is it possible to get the visas for both of us at the same time?

Thanks,

Sorry to intrude, do you have a residence permit already? You are EU I guess?

No i do not have a residence permit yet and no I am non EU and my spouse also is non EU.
I mentioned that to vfs, they told me that my work permit   annexe 46 (the approval for the work and residency permit) are enough for her to apply.

Oh good about the Annexe 46. That sure covers everything. Best wishes

Hi Alex, I trust you are keeping well. Thanks for your response.

Please kindly advise: I intend to rent a small 3bedroom flat ( for proof of suitable housing) based on envisaged family reunion. But since it might take almost 9 months for my family to join me in Antwerp. What do you suggest I do about proof of suitable housing? And no one knows the exact time Police will come to check apartment.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your response. I am grateful

Was your family invited for interview before you got the decision? EU or non EU? When you  submitted the application did you go with all the family? (Particularly kids less than 12yrs).

Thanks

Adeyola wrote:

Hi Alex, I trust you are keeping well. Thanks for your response.

Please kindly advise: I intend to rent a small 3bedroom flat ( for proof of suitable housing) based on envisaged family reunion. But since it might take almost 9 months for my family to join me in Antwerp. What do you suggest I do about proof of suitable housing? And no one knows the exact time Police will come to check apartment.

Thanks in advance

I don't think police will come during visa processing, police will only come when your family is here and you apply for residence permit for them, then police will come and check if they are actually living there.

Also in Flanders i am not able to find any information about housing requirements, it's not like other regions like you must have x rooms form y family members.

I got this reply from town hall when i asked if possible to live in studio with a baby.

It is legal to live in a studio with a child, so whether you want to continue living there or not is your own choice.

Probably directly contact (email/call) town hall and inquire about housing requirements, and if it's allowed you can rent a small apartment until your family arrives or at-least when visa is approved.

Oh thank you so much hssn, your response is quite comforting and helpful.

Hi, hssn

what's the least rental contract I can enter? Can I pay for less than a year?  Say 6/7 months in Antwerp or Brussels?

Adeyola wrote:

Hi, hssn

what's the least rental contract I can enter? Can I pay for less than a year?  Say 6/7 months in Antwerp or Brussels?

I really have no idea about it, may be other people can help.

Hi..do u have any update on family visa after that..

@ramos269234 hi..could u pls explain me the process after your status

Adeyola wrote:

Hi, hssn

I really have no idea about it, may be other people can help.

- @hssn601

When your application is getting to DOFI for review, the contract must be valid. At least for the next 3-6 months more, logically speaking.