Moving to Brussels from The Netherlands

Hello all,

This is Hari and this is my first post in the website. I am an Indian national but I currently reside and work in the Netherlands. I have been living here for 4 years.

I have recently got a job opportunity in Brussels and I am considering moving to Belgium. I do have a question regarding the Visa process for my wife.

I got married recently and I got the new job offer in Brussels after I have already started the dependent Visa application for my wife in Netherlands. I am expecting the process to be completed in 2 months. Now here comes my question regarding the timing for the Belgium Visa process. Is it possible to apply for the Belgian residence and work permit for me and my wife within the same application? I also hear that the Belgian work permit process and the family reunification process takes quite a bit of time.  Is there any chance that this process would be done faster in case the application is made from another(neighbouring) European country?

Thanks,
Hari

Hi Hari,

In case both you and your wife apply at the same time from Netherlands, it might just be a breeze! We got it the same day applying from Ireland.

Best Regards,
Sanjay

Hello Hari,

Your question about visa has been asked dozens of times. Take the time to read the articles already published on this site.

Hello Sanjay,

One day seems too good to be true. But was it for the tourist visa or for long term residence as a result of relocation?
Because I believe long term visa application usually takes 4-5 months.
Also did you apply for visa for you and your spouse within the same application?

Thanks,
Hari

Hello Phipimar,

Thanks for your reply.

I did see a lot of posts on family reunification visa within this forum.I have been reading it since the last 2 days. I did find a lot of posts on family reunification and the time required for it. However my question is a bit more specific than the general enquiries I had already read about as i wanted to know if there is a possibility of applying for visa for 2 people(incl the dependent) within the same application

If you happen to have any helpful knowledge on the same , Please do share .

Thanks,
Hari

Hari,

Yes, might be exceptional, but it happened for a long-term visa as we relocated as I was switching jobs, and we applied together on the same day. Application always has to be separate for each individual I believe.

Cheers,
Sanjay

Hello Sanjay,

Thanks for the clarification.
Did your wife apply for the family reunification VISA? I had some conversation with some lawyers and I was informed that the reunification/dependent VISA can only be applied after the host has got his residence permit first.

Thanks,
Hari