Need help regarding applying for long term visa in belgium and

hi guys,

i have some queries about the work permit how long does it takes?
1 family in Belgium send me a contracts to work in their house as a servant which i thought its also same with work permit, they already send me the original copy of my contract and completed all the documents needed to file for my visa. but the embassy of Belgium in abu dhabi called me after few days, i submit my documents they told me that they are missing in my documents which is the work permit my question is that how long does it takes to get the work permit. coz im so stressed right now because my company here in dubai forcing me to returned my passport.if i dont returned my passport in end of the month of january they will cancel my visa. and more thing if in gods will if my work permit approved and my company cancelled my work permit here in dubai. is there any possibilities that when i apply my visa in belgium it will be denied? please i need some help...

The consulate is correct. A work contract is not an authorization to work in Belgium for an expat. Work Permit is the work authorization based on which an expat is granted a long stay visa in Belgium for employment. Your employer (a family it seems) must get you a work permit. I am not sure how successful it will be for them to get this.

Thanks very much for past reply.
Do i have to send original certificate for them to apply my WP or just scanned copy? Like medical certificate and PCC etc. Coz this is the first time they will hire a non eu employee.

You need to send them originals.

Do i need to get another originals.since all my original documents submitted already to the embassy.

You can ask the documents back from the consulate. If that is not possible, yes you may have to get new originals.

thanks for the information. i request a copy of my medical certificate to the clinic where i have my medical. i just need to do the attestation again of my PCC here. to be send to my employer for my work permit. until now no reply from the embassy my employer send and email to them. just have queries what will my employer do to apply a work permit for me? since its there first time. do he have to wait for the embassy of belgium here to reply,and provide information for the work permit? coz the status of my visa applications says its under process at belgium embassy of abu dhabi. i applied it last dec 27,2018 and its under process in belgium embassy of abu dhabi since 30th dec 2018. my still employer still not apply for the work permit coz they still need information regarding the work permit....