Living in Isla Mujeras

Hola...I'm Deb...
I inquiring about the process of bring food to the island for our cats....Is there a good way to do this? We will be spending 5 months in Isla next season.... We have lived in Cabo for the last six winter seasons...and drove down from WI bringing all their food with us....as Cabo didnt carry much of a selection...Yes they are spoiled!!
Thanks in advance for any input!!
D

Lake1buffalo1 wrote:

Hola...I'm Deb...
I inquiring about the process of bring food to the island for our cats....Is there a good way to do this? We will be spending 5 months in Isla next season.... We have lived in Cabo for the last six winter seasons...and drove down from WI bringing all their food with us....as Cabo didnt carry much of a selection...Yes they are spoiled!!
Thanks in advance for any input!!
D

Welcome, Deb,

Why would bringing cat food be a problem? You are already in Mexico, right? or are you coming from the U.S. as a seasonal visitor?
Before going to Isla you would go through Cancun which has a lot of stores that probably will carry cat food that you cats accept. Are you driving again? Isla does not have much of a selection and does not have large stores.
If you are using your car you will have to take the car ferry and you could stock up in Cancun. If you are taking the car ferry be aware it is not the ferry all of the signs point you to, it is further north of there. The one heavily advertised is the day trip walk on tourist ferry.

buena suerte

Lol...I forgot some details....We will be flying to Cancun...so no we won't have the vehical to load up for supplies...Its sounding like ferry trips bk and forth to Cancun for cat supplies....
D
Now it sounds like a silly question....I know there arent any big box stores in Isla. 😎

Lol...I forgot some details....We will be flying to Cancun...so no we won't have the vehical to load up for supplies...Its sounding like ferry trips bk and forth to Cancun for cat supplies....
D
Now it sounds like a silly question....I know there arent any big box stores in Isla. 😎

Lake1buffalo1 wrote:

D

well, ferry rides back and forth should take care of what to do with your day. Not something I would enjoy. Perhaps you could just bag up some cat food to take on that first ride, then make do. there are one or two good and one excellent more or less organic restaurants on the main drag.

Buena suerte