Rent contracts

I am cheryl livening in malta , I have just signed to rent an apartment a few days ago  and been told a big excervatsion is happening shortly, we diddent see it as a small sign on the other end of the street  we are so upset , do we have any rights ,as we are selling our apartment which we bought 16 years ago, thank you

Cheryl Baxter wrote:

I am cheryl livening in malta , I have just signed to rent an apartment a few days ago  and been told a big excervatsion is happening shortly, we diddent see it as a small sign on the other end of the street  we are so upset , do we have any rights ,as we are selling our apartment which we bought 16 years ago, thank you

Welcome to the Forum, regards to the excavation I don't think you have any rights and the only thing to do is walk away and lose your deposit, good luck.

Dear unfortunate lady,
the best option you have is to talk with your landlord and agree an amicable solution. He may well have other property elsewhere or he may agree to waive his right to part or all of the deposit.
Landlords are human and understand that things like this can happen. Good luck and God bless.
Yours aye,
Prof. Stephen J Avalyan Newton

Thanks for getting back to me, I am talking to the landlady and we are trying to sort it out , I do appiceate your kind words 🙂