Moving to Malta 🇲🇹 for Nursing as a UK 🇬🇧 Nurse

Hello everyone,

Appologies if this type of post has been made before but we are now in 2023 and things may have changed. I am a UK trained nurse with over 20 years experience and BSc.

I am exploring the viability of moving to Malta with my wife and teenage children.

1. Could anyone please advise me of the job market for nurses in Malta. I can't seem to find any vacancies ?
  2. What is the pay range?
  3. Do UK nurses have to complete a bridging program to get NMC Malta registration as we are no longer in the EU?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Dan, I did post similar enquiry last month. I can't seem to find nursing vacancies anywhere like you said. Regards to your registration, if 8 remembered well, all you need to do is to complete Malta nursing registration form and pay the fee. I was luck, some here sent an email address that I sent my enquiry to the department of health. I could send you the email if if any help.   Pls do let me know too if you find more about this. I'm planning to move over in the summer next year. Good luck..

Hello everyone,
Appologies if this type of post has been made before but we are now in 2023 and things may have changed. I am a UK trained nurse with over 20 years experience and BSc.
I am exploring the viability of moving to Malta with my wife and teenage children.

Could anyone please advise me of the job market for nurses in Malta. I can't seem to find any vacancies ?
What is the pay range?
Do UK nurses have to complete a bridging program to get NMC Malta registration as we are no longer in the EU?

Any help would be much appreciated!
-@AirborneDan

Have you done a search on here concerning your post as the subject of nursing jobs has been discussed on here serval times and you may find the answer you need, good luck.

https://www.healthmark.com.mt/were-hiring/

There are a number of vacancies listed here.

@AirborneDan

Hi Dan, just checking have moved to Malta now and did you manage to find job before moving. How to hear from you.

Thanks,

Charity

@AirborneDan
Hi Dan, just checking have moved to Malta now and did you manage to find job before moving. How to hear from you.
Thanks,
Charity

-@cojeamiran

A job is the lease of your problem, and a visa and rent are your next.

@SimCityAT

If you have a job, rent shouldn't be an issue.

@SimCityAT

-@cojeamiran

Rentals here on Gozo are getting to be expensive  and more so on Malta.

@SimCityAT

-@cojeamiran

Rents have gone up an awful lot, in many cases they have trebled, particularly with houses and most apartments have doubled in the last few years. A house we rented 9 years ago for €650 now rent is 2400 and our neighbours went from €700 to 1600. Another I know went from €650 to 1100 in 2 years!

@F0xgl0ve

Hey, thanks for this information. The cost of living has gone up in every country. It's frustrating that rent is one of the most hit. I hope people will survive this as things are really getting bad every where now.