Moving to Norway

Good evening,

My name is Raquel and I live in Jamaica.  I saw some breathtaking pictures of Norway and thought that would be an excellent place to raise my children.?i have not done to much research on it but I felt like this is where I would love be live next. I lived in Hait, Jamaica and Trinidad. Not too interested in the US, Canada or Any other places here on this side of the world. Just want somewhere new. Please email me with some details as to how I can go about moving to Norway with my family. Awaiting your speedy response.

Rgds,
Raquel

Hi Raquel, welcome to the forum.

Ideally, it would be better if you could visit a few months to see for yourself whether you will like it. It is for sure different from Haiti, Jamaica and Trinidad, specially the weather and the need to learn Norwegian. Members have posted their experience on different threads, you might want to read them but again, it is their personal experience, you might have your own once there.

- What do you like the most in Norway?

- How has your life changed in Norway

- Do you speak Norwegian?

But first thing first, to move to Norway, you will have to find a job. Have a look at the articles in the Living in Norway guide so that you might have a general idea of what will be needed.

Hopefully other members will soon provide you some guidance.

All the very best,
Bhavna

What is the minimum bank balance to  have in my bank account to get a work visa for Norway for Indian Citizen?

To get a work visa you must apply for a residency visa, have a job offer, have relevant qualifications a professional skills.

Your previous 12 months employment must show an income of NOK242,966 which is US$28,000.

A Google search will give you the information or check out the Norway Guide located under "Discover" at the top of this page.