Thief!

I wanna ask the opinion of everyone regarding the legalities here in saudi arabia. Iam a nurse in a military hospital, When i discharged my patient the relative stole my cellphone and was seen in CCTV. I reported immediately in the police and today is the 2nd week. Until now the process is too slow and the security were telling me that the brother of the thief is coming to return back the cellphone and the thief cannot come because he is sick. Is that even possible?
What to do? Please guide.

Czarina14 wrote:

I wanna ask the opinion of everyone regarding the legalities here in saudi arabia. Iam a nurse in a military hospital, When i discharged my patient the relative stole my cellphone and was seen in CCTV. I reported immediately in the police and today is the 2nd week. Until now the process is too slow and the security were telling me that the brother of the thief is coming to return back the cellphone and the thief cannot come because he is sick. Is that even possible?
What to do? Please guide.

Everything is possible in saudi Arabia. lol. Clearly this individual must be a local, and if he is there might be a tendency of making the case a simple mistake.  That is, it was a mistake that he took your phone.

If the police has been informed, all you can do is keep calling and asking for updates on the subject matter. Apart from that i do not see anything that you can do or can be done.

And let's hope the brother of the thief does bring the phone any time soon.

I can only imagine your frustration, but all you can do is to wait.

If the phone has not been returned, delegate an honest Arabic-speaking person to talk to the thief. He can bring it back.

If, for some reason, that doesn't work out, call a lawyer and arrange an introductory meeting with him at the hospital in the presence of the incompetent security personnel who have failed to return the phone. To avoid embarrassment, they will get off their butts and bring it back. Introductory meetings are usually free.