Work visa to transfer from US to Poland. Same company

Hello!!

I am a colombian Citizen and a legal permanent resident of the United States. The company that I work for offered me an opportunity to go work in Wroclaw for a year or two but I have to get the work permit myself. Does anyone know if I should apply for it before leaving or while in Poland. Any Colombians that know anything about the process for us?

First you have to get the work permit. Formally your employer apply in Poland for work permit (I guess it would be Polish branch of your company or subsidiary company that you will be working for). When they get work permit for you they have to send it for you and you can apply in Embassy of Poland for visa (national visa - D, with purpose to work). Visa is valid no longer than 1 year so if you want to stay (work) in Poland longer you have to apply for temporary residence permit while you stay here.

Thank you for your response. My company is fairly new in Poland, and I dont believe they will know how to do this. Is there any way I can do this myself? Or apply for it once I get there and help them?

You need work permit to apply for work visa so unfortunately you can't change the sequence