Looking for accomodation

Hi every one I am new here and this is my first post. My name is Dusty and I am from England. I am currently living in Italy with my girlfriend giada who is Italian. We feel staying in Italy is not a good move as we are expecting our first baby together. I am finding it difficult to secure employment here due to my insufficient knowledge of the Italian language. So we have decided to take a huge leap and leave for malta. Our aim to secure hopefully employment within 1-2 month of arriving and start our new life together in malta. Now we realise it won't be as easy as that. But for a start we are looking for accommodation for 1 month but possibly up to 2 if needed. We have enough money to cover rent at around 500 per month And a deposit. But that's at the maximum we ideally want as cheap as possible.  We are literally looking for anything up to that price range eg: bedroom,house share flat share garage conversion,barn conversion even a couch each. You get the picture but we would even consider renting a space of grass so we could pitch a tent. Our baby is due in December and we are thinking of leaving around August. We really need some pointers guys and girls. Or someone who has just what we need and can help us out. We are friendly outgoing people aged 30 and 31 who just want the best life for us and our child. We want a good life where we don't have to worry where the next wage or meal will come from. Thanks for reading have a great day.

Welcome to the Forum, you may have trouble finding a short let property at that price as most lets are either holiday or long, you could try advertising in the property section on here, to stay in a tent on a patch of grass, you would be lucky to find grass here!!  As regards work, if you are not too fussy you should be able to pick something up, not knowing Maltese should not be a problem.

Thank you for your kind reply. We would take a long term let if we had more knowledge of good areas for work and housing. We have deposit and 2 months rent so that should hopefully give at least me time to find work. Any work is good for me so long as the terms and payment of hours are correct. I read English is widely spoken across the island so I feel confident. I have already stared to look for jobs just to see the sectors of work available.

Dusty87 wrote:

Thank you for your kind reply. We would take a long term let if we had more knowledge of good areas for work and housing. We have deposit and 2 months rent so that should hopefully give at least me time to find work. Any work is good for me so long as the terms and payment of hours are correct. I read English is widely spoken across the island so I feel confident. I have already stared to look for jobs just to see the sectors of work available.

Going by what others have said on here before that it's easier to get work once you have moved here
you may find previous posts about job hunting on here helpful, good luck.

Hi Dusty,

We've read your ad and we're sure that we can make you a great offer here. We live in Marsalforn, the summer tourist destination No.1 in Gozo (where there are plenty of job opportunities during the summer), and are looking for new tenants for the apartment we currently live in. And now it comes: It is huge, 100sth sqm, has 3 bedrooms, is in excellent condition, with all furniture .. and costs ONLY EURO 350, - € per month! The landlords are very, very nice people. We moved here myself in April of this year, have made a long let contract, but now have to return to Germany in the short term because of work. The apartment is by far the cheapest in the country (you have to rent it at least until April 2019. The landlord would rent it much longer, if you like/ probably for years. I think having a child would be a tremendous advantage, because Maltese are known for their love to children.
The main island of Malta you can forget confidently, since the rents are at least 3 times as high! When we came, we were also looking for a cheap apartment, we figured out how hard it can be and appreciate what we found.

English is a great way to get along - everyone speaks it!
As a native German, I know what that means, I lived for years in China, where I first had to learn the language.

In addition, we would leave a lot of household items - FOC - in the apartment.
If you are interested in a 125cc scooter, let me know. I bought a new one 3 months ago. The add 125cc Kentoya scooter, I'll give up here as well.

There maybe plenty of job offers at the beginning of the holiday season but most will be a low wage.

Low wage is ok would take 2 jobs if needed. But I don't want summer work in bars etc etc. I would prefer to take a factory job with regular hours and a st3ady wage. Once my partner has recovered from having the baby she would then look into the summer work side of things. I find many of the jobs I am looking for in manufacturing and production. Now it's just finding a suitable place to live and deciding when we move.

Hi, i just seen your post about the apartment, is it still available please, been looking for ages now and so desperate to move out there to get a better life for me and my partner. Britain has gone down hill and living from hand to mouth is not living, it's surviving. Would love if you can get back to me asap please.

Currently in Malta there is demand for Security Guards, which is permanent job and per hour rate is better. 2nd Option to get an immediate job is of Hotel house keeping job.

For Security Guard you can search Security companies on internet and send CV to all of them.

Assume being a UK national and for your age you will find a job as Security Guard.

Finding sharing accomodation you will be better of to search when you are in Malta and in the first few weeks search on Internet about Hostels, Guest Houses etc.

Finding share accomodation is better when you see the place yourself. Booking the sharing accomodation on internet may not turn up as good as you anticipate or expect.

Hello

Have you found a place yet?

As I only have an American passport I'm only here 90 days then out 90 days as Schengen Zone requires.

sims

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security + post your offer in the housing section