Legal services in Saudi Arabia

Hello,

Legal services can be a headache when you don't have the relevant and necessary information, especially upon moving to a new country. Please share some tips regarding legal services in Saudi Arabia.

What types of legal services might an expat need in Saudi Arabia?

Are legal services easily accessible?

What are the best ways to go about finding a professional for your legal needs in Saudi Arabia? (e.g. online, yellow pages, word of mouth)?

What are the most affordable options for legal services (private, public, etc.)? Is there a range regarding fees?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Precikia,

Concerning legal issues, I don't have any idea. Sorry.

Hi
It depends on what exactly your need among these services, as there were no specific type of service required,   here are  some services that might give an idea:
- there is a private legal attorney for any type of dispute,  labor,  personal or commercial.
- Legal POA (Power of Attorney) can be done by two ways,  either by your consulate or by the court. There are even private sworn Public Attorney service can do that service,   he will legalize it by the court.
- Commercial disputes have a special court section.
- Labor dispute can be sorted with labor office directly most of the time without lawyer.
I hope the above is helpful.
BR

Mazen

Pls I need advice on the issue of loan. If somebody have a loan to pay the bank. The loan taken was to be paid over a 4 years period, it has been paid go 2 years already but the person in question contract was not renewed and he tried to get another job but to no avail. Then he explained to the bank but the bank said he has to pay the money before he exits. The person has gratuity to collect for the years he worked. What can he do?

It depends on what exactly your need among these services, as there were no specific type of service required,   here are  some services that might give an idea:
- there is a private legal attorney for any type of dispute,  labor,  personal or commercial.
- Legal POA (Power of Attorney) can be done by two ways,  either by your consulate or by the court. There are even private sworn Public Attorney service can do that service,   he will legalize it by the court.
- Commercial disputes have a special court section.
- Labor dispute can be sorted with labor office directly most of the time without lawyer.
I hope the above is helpful.

Thanks & Regards
Jamal

Actually i think Saudi Arabia direct to apply electronic services in all governmental branches  by present most of services and support to citizens and residential  via websites and mobile applications and i see this is very comfortable  to all edges because it arrange and regulate the crowd and eliminate waiting lists and save time for all.

yes, we are facing this problem, while we are going in govt. offices, as because we are not arabic speaking so they dont care of you , dam that one. i have some bitter experience about my insurance clearence or payment after car accident, passed already more than three years they have not paid  my cheque, just kiking back from insurance office to my car owned company shary. only for my legal cheque of 6000 sar. i spend about 4000 sar from comming and going riyadh, taxi fair and hotel bill. any body can help me, dr. akhil

i know all this

can be done by two ways,  either by your consulate or by the court. I was see there is a sign board of legal service in Diplomatic Area, I don't have lots experience regarding this case.