Resignation/Termination of Contract

Good day. I am Bob. I came here in Riyadh last August 2017.  I am currently working as a Team Leader in a Fast Food restaurant. At the moment, I am at the 10th month of my contract. I just recently received a Job offer in Canada. The prerequisite of this job offer is that I have to have an early resignation/termination of contract with my current company. Having said that, my question is, once I resigned from the Company, is it possible to book a flight from Saudi to Canada? Or am I required to go back to the Philippines? Unfortunately, I will lose the offer once I go back to the Philippines. Your assistance and response will be highly appreciated. Thank you

You can if you can get your Canadian visa stamped from KSA

Sounds fishy, be careful before you take any step. Usually no company will force you for early resignation unless they bear the expenses for it.

Cheers

Hi Bob,

Do you have a Valid Canadian visa ? ( Tourist, Business etc)  If you have, then there is no problem and you may travel to Canada upon final exit from Saudi Arabia. 

On a separate note, assuming that you are on a 2 year contract, you may have to compensate your employer for the remaining duration of your employment contract if you are resigning within a fixed term contract, unless specified otherwise in your contract or waived by your employer.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for the info.

Please correct me if I am wrong. If it is resignation, I will pay certain amount, and if it is termination I won't. Would that be mean terminaton is better than resignation?

Furthermore, lets say my Canadian papers are available, and I chose to be terminated because I will not pay. Can I still book a flight from Saudi to Canada? What are the possible problems I will enounter especially in the Airport?

Sir robert, did they allow you to resign? Or what did you do?

Hi. I haven't yet rendered my resignation nor informed them. I am still waiting for the documents from Canada.

Okay thank you