Dealing with loneliness in Saudi Arabia

and not all humans are like you! you are a great person! that's it.

In my experience here, for me, it only applies to be safe than sorry, for being or to have friends with colleagues and my own nationality.

and I'm not saying to the people to do what I wrote, i say what is in my heart and not preaching to them. you must know and understand before you comment.

Hey

To whomever it may benefit.

I have been in the kingdom for a week.

Certainly it is potentially a solitary experience especially if your nationality is a minority and there is few if any cultural simalirities with fellow (expats/immigrants if you will).

It is a unique social environment as you have the variance in "nationality classing" that pretty much positions you on the food chain. (I only now appreciate this reality no web forum can truly articulate it)

Non the less you realise a level of interaction that is extremely supportive and empathetic with fellow colleagues, since the human experience is a shared experience, regardless of global social positioning. (Elevated sense of community)

For me this is what I find satisfying, that complete strangers, simply understanding from their own point of view, the challenges of the other.

Have you pondered on the circumstance that gives rise to:
"A friend in need is a friend indeed".

This has been my observation and experience thus far.

I believe realistically speaking if you want to dispel loneliness then:

BE A FRIEND and you will realise there is no shortage of friends and you will consider yourself fortunate to transcend the superficial constructs that are created by language, origin, class and so on and if you can keep an open mind you will walk away with wisdom and a rich understanding of others that will ensure that you will never be alone no matter where in the world you are.

Welcome to Pangea.

:)

Perhaps with expat.com, all of us here are having open minds so we can understand each other. So the trust and the friendships may evolve.

You see, I have noticed here in the Kingdom, why I said that I can only make friendships with my nationality only, it is because other nationality doesn't like my nationality, my being a Filipino, so can't you blame me of not going with other nationality as well?

Try and make friends and everything will be solved. Searching for people with same thoughts as yours is a difficult task and to do it you must meet people so that you can know them. Just come home from work and stand down near your building area and i think that should be the first step.!!

Right! We must start somewhere anyway and that is the closest way! Interesting!

Actually, Abdul Samad, I'm a homebody person.  I am not an anti-social but I lost trust in people because of so many painful experiences that I dealt with.  The reason that I would rather be alone than to meet people who will again just use and cheat me, NO WAY!

To deal the loneliness here in Saudi Arabia, you have to do something!

If you are Muslim Expat, be connected to Islamic Center in your place by attending regular classes during your free time, you will not just having friends but you will be with your brothers in Islam that can help you to increase your IMAN (belief) until you will get the real happiness (Janna).

If you are not Muslim Expat. it is your chance to learn about Islam in order not to become ignorant of host country official religion.

The Islamic Centers in every places here in KSA are open 24/7 to anyone.

Hello everyone,

Please note that we have put aside some off-topic posts.

All the best,
Bhavna

In Saudi Arabia,

I use internet for meeting new friends, exclusively new females and I roam around in malls and all you need a good car and fine accommodation and clean habits.

I use these strategies to make new female friends and have fun.

Saudi is full of rich resources and all guys must explore the same.

A lot of filipino girls are available for making friendship and also africans too.

I have not dealt with Saudi girls. Soon I will post on that experience well

Unab Jesse

Loneliness is not problem,bcoz here all expat are busy.Many people busy in their offices,project,in business.Apart from it every country man have their regional national friends.
So,I don't feel or my friend circle not feel,some time they said,,we have lot work,but no time.

I'm normally a lonely person, i don't use to have friends and mostly use to spend time with pc. Last year i went to Saudi and i experienced few bad stuffs and i'm glad i left the country.

Hi!

What do you mean you left the country? You are now back in your country? You left Saudi Arabia already?

Slow paced? Have you not been out on the roads yet? 😂

I'm in SA  for two months now and it is clrear to me this is not a place I can live in more than six months. I think SA is more difficult if you are single, because it seems no one like single men here  :D

Just enjoy your self.

All Thursday I  visiting in DQ

There are people who are excellent with their own psychology and adjustment, and there are those  who don't want to be adjusted, as simple as that.

Different strokes for different folks so to speak.  Maybe in your case, you were not able to get any outlet and 6 months is not really enough for you to conclude, but anyhow, life is what we make it, and if you were not really happy here (KSA) it's really for your best interest to find a place of your happiness.

Good luck to you in all of your future endeavors, God Bless.

Hey,

Move to Jeddah boss, I'm new here since 3 months and I'm searching for good Freinds as well, the maximum I can do now during my free time is just driving my car randomly   :lol::lol:

I'm searching for friends too to whom I can ride in their cars while randomly driving in the city! lol

hi
Just came across your post, thought to answer it.
There are lot of place to visit around, if you browse on net you will find best place to visit.
All place in Saudi Arabia has its significant value so i wish you visit them.
Thanks

Thanks for the input. I'm sure there are so many gorgeous spots in KSA, unfortunately I am a homebody and always afraid to go out for sightseeing.

Many thanks.

gym is the best place to meet some new people and spend weekends and free time

because here the weather and culture are hard