Registering UK car in Belgium

Hello all
Advice please - I need to register my present RHD UK car in Belgium.
I have read the process of getting the pre-insurance document, registration as Belgian resident, Customs pink form, certificate of roadworthiness, etc

Practical question for someone who has already done this:  I already have "anti-dazzle stickers" on my headlights - BUT  - will this be sufficient for the certificate of roadworthiness test, or will it be necessary to fully replace the headlight lenses to comply with left-hand driving?

Many thanks
Bruce

Hello,

Unless your car is a very expensive/special model, it's frankly a bad idea. Because with all the technical adaptations and red tape, it would be better to sell in order to buy local ...

hi
Thanks for looking
Do you know details of the technical adaptations required - or where I can look these up?

kind regards
Bruce

Hi Bruce, I lot of modern cars you can change the lights within the car, there is a knob on the dashboard. But to be frank with you, its really not worth all the hassle and paperwork.

When I had our old car tested, I had to buy new headlights, they would not accept the stick on adapters.

SimCityAT wrote:

Hi Bruce, I lot of modern cars you can change the lights within the car, there is a knob on the dashboard. But to be frank with you, its really not worth all the hassle and paperwork.

Our new car can be switched from left to right from the LCD multi-use screen in the car.

:)   Very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to assist.

Hi. Would anyone know the cost of doing this to see if it is worth the hassle? Or can you buy a decent car for €3000-4000 in Belgium? Looking online, used cars seem to be twice the price than in the UK. Thanks

Hi. Would anyone know the cost of doing this to see if it is worth the hassle? Or can you buy a decent car for €3000-4000 in Belgium? Looking online, used cars seem to be twice the price than in the UK. Thanks
-@expat2024999

Now the UK is out of the EU, it's not as simple as it used to export cars and can be expensive, (the joys of Brexit) with all the paperwork involved its not worth it. Have a look at this car website for an idea https://gocar.be/en for prices.

I hope this will be of help.