Letter for De-registration of Residence Permit

Hi,
I am an Indian currently employed in Belgium. I will be changing my company to a Belgium employer.
My Current company is sending me back to India to complete the formalities.
As per their policy I have to de-register my residence permit.

I checked with my HR, and they say they need a letter from the authorities. I checked in the city hall but they do not give any document stating de-registration is not required.

Does anyone know who can help in this situation.
Is there any authority who can provide such letter.

Thank you

Dear,

I have a similar situation, could you please post how you managed your situation? We're you allowed to enter Belgium later with residence permit but no work permit?

Thanks..

Avoid deregistering from Belgium because in case in the future when it comes for PR this will count as a break and you will have to start your 5 years all over again for PR eligibility.

Most likely you dont need to deregister and confirm that with your city hall.

Hi Solexhonda,

I checked with my town hall, they confirmed that I need not deregister my residence permit when I change my employer. They also said that it stays valid till the date mentioned in the residence permit, so I can go to India and come back during this period even without a work permit attached to the residence permit. Once the new employer gets the single permit approved, this card will be cancelled and a new card will be issued.
Thanks.

solexhonda wrote:

Avoid deregistering from Belgium because in case in the future when it comes for PR this will count as a break and you will have to start your 5 years all over again for PR eligibility.

Most likely you dont need to deregister and confirm that with your city hall.

Hi,

In fact you are right and wrong at the same time.

It's because you take this request literally. The idea of disincription is simply to allow the city where you live to remove you from their population. It is especially for the management of the homes and the administrative follow-up.

Imagine that you do not do it. Then one day, a person comes to register and gives your address as home. What will the administration do? She's going after you. And from there, a search will be launched at the national level as well as at the "Office des étrangers"(DOFI). They'll just watch if you're in order. If it's good, they'll give you your new address. But if you are not in order or if your file is being processed, you can forget a favorable answer ...

@AV1985 How did you handled the situation? I am now in the same situation