MALAYSIA Visa for my maid

I will be moving to KL in few months along with my family from Bangalore.  I have a maid who is there with us for last 5 years.  She is from Nepal and has a nepal passport.  As she is a widow, I want her to move with us to KL.  I checked out the criteria of getting a foreign domestic help.  The age criteria is 21 to 45.  My maid is 46 now.  Will it be possible to get a visa for her?  Can someone help me on this?  I spoke to an agent in Nepal and he said there should be no problem her getting a visa.

You should ask your employer to submit an application explaining her length of service and request therefore an exception be granted. They will probably turn it down and expect you to appeal the decision. Don't start all the medical etc just test tbe water first

You will need to provide plenty of proof such as her passport stamps and legally endorsed contract of employment.

@Anandprakash81 Hello, we have a similar issue but coming from Singapore.  Did you manage to get your maid the permit?  Thanks

@Anandprakash81 Hello, we have a similar issue but coming from Singapore. Did you manage to get your maid the permit? Thanks
-@tjack

The thread is 5 years old, maybe the poster is long gone already.

But that time, as I understood it, the maid could continue working over the age limit if she kept the same job but new applications would be turned down. But even then, I did hear of cases where the govt made accommodation to keep the maid and employer together. For example, a remember a filipino maid who ended employment, went home, became over the age limit and was re-hired by the same old employer. So I think there is no single, hard rule.

The govt has changed its mind many times about foreign maids based on reports of maid abuse, especially Indonesians, so its hard to keep up with their day-to-day policies. I have a feeling that appeals for denied cases are common and the govt makes decisions case by case. Try your luck!