The best apps for expats in Colombia

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Colombia. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Colombia?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Colombia: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Colombia and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

How are y'all? 
I would recommend to use What's app to speak with most folk both in Colombia and abroad whether your kindred be in USA or Canada or Europe and to use Skype for International calling to landlines.. you can buy a package called World or Mundo ilimitado..  and it's an unlimited landline calling and both landline and cellphones in the USA , Canada, and Puerto Rico. it's worth 14 usd a month and well worth it in my books.

Hi everyone,

I would recommend for you to download Uber just for starting. If you come to Bogotá you should also consider 'Transmilenio y SITP' which can help you out with all the Transmilenio and blue buses system. Also, I recommend Preo - which is a reward app.

Have a nice and safe trip to those coming over here :)
~Karla

Here is my list:

Whatsapp
Moovit (Bus & Transmilenio schedules )
Cabify (ask me for a free ride referral code)
Uber " "
HMA VPN (VPN, changes your IP address to a US one so fussy websites will work)
Coordinadora (Hold & Ship your online buys from the US to Colombia)
Waze (If you drive)
Civico (Stuff to do)
InterNations (Meetups for Expats)
Google Voice (Have a US # you can use anywhere with an Internet connection)

Hope this helps!

Jennifer ☺

https://medellinliving.com/best-mobile-apps/
There is a different app now for food delivery but I've forgotten the name. I think it is called Rappi.

Im in Bogota, but without a doubt you need to download Waze to see if the taxi is taking you the short way. Another is Movitt  to check the best public transport options to get to your destination. And the last is Tappsi, to book secure taxis that generally don't try to overcharge.
:-)

Thanks, brother!

Excellent! Thank you!

Jkjv sounds a good deal, unfortunately it seems to depend on where you want to transfer from, I contacted WorldRemit when I was having problems with delays, transferring my funds from the UK, but they could only transfer in dollars, which would have added to the cost for me.

However since then, Azimo, have changed their Colombian Partner to BBVA, and now it is in my Colombian account the same day, it does cost a little more than you are paying, it is £2.99 a transaction. but it goes into my account in pesos.

What works for one, doesn't always work for someone else, all I can say is that Azimo works for me, I dont get anything for recommending them, but they do some transfer free offers from time to time.

I recommend the following apps for Colombia:
✓Colombia Travel Guide
✓Tappsi
✓Cabify
✓Domicilious
✓Transmilenio y SITP
✓Express Bolivariano
✓Rappi
✓Calendario Festivos Colombia

Have a Happy & safe stay in Colombia- Tha Land of Sabrosura :-)