GIRLFRIEND / FIANCE/ WIFE (??) FROM COLOMBIA

A bit of advice:
Colombians are great women. Healthy, seemingly happy, dancing, oh - you would like to forget about God's world.
You will be surrounded by laughter and dancing in the fumes of wine and beer, if you buy aguardiente - they will love you.
But there is also a dark bottom to this story.
It is a country of huge social differences, I do not suppose you would have a girlfriend from estrato 6 (officially the highest caste). They don't need white guys, They know what they look like - they want handsome Latinos.
Every woman there- is addicted to her mother, who certainly has 5 daughters and 3 sons. It is like a self-learning money extortion machine - if you can't - it will just steal it from you. This is a country of extreme thieves. If they fail to steal your money, your mother-in-law will steal your passport (which happened to me): mustard from the refrigerator, old vegetables, eggs - or will I pack food that ... you will buy.
Neither of us is attractive in any way - it only benefits the WHOLE FAMILY of savages.
I remember a history when one ex-pat from London also bought a flat - for him and his wife. They were working in Europe - at the same time, a Colombian persuaded the unfortunate Brit to go to business Airbnb. He is buying to rent. After 2 months, of course, a mother and her son and another daughter moved into the apartment. Fraud -doesn't exist in the Latin mentality - Honesty and truthfulness express the utmost stupidity.
Simply: invite a Colombian girl for a week to the seaside, dance in the fumes of alcohol, and forget about the world in bed. And run like hell1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg
Been married to a Colombian woman for fifty six+ years and have never seen or experienced the problems you mention in your post.  They are great partners and wives, I am very happy with the choice I made in 1965.   However on the other side I have seen a lot of Colombian guys who act like they are unmarried even if they have a wife and children and think they are God's gift to humanity.
@JohnyLondon

Totally agree Johnny

@JohnyLondon 
Johny london read your post and you have it dead right mate , i have a cousin that married a Columbian some years ago, Same situation almost exactly , its a race of money hungry spongers ! However be all this as it may, he failed the first time as the bird almost put him in the poor house . He got smart and went back a second time, and amazingly it all worked out perfectly. 
You know where the loophole was ? the second time he found a bird that was deviod of all family, they had all passed on some years before. So that eliminated the spongers, as there were none to scam him for money or asetts. Also the one he  met the second time around, he laid down the laws of life 60 minutes after he was first with her. He clearly stated, listen i'm here for 1 person only,  and 1 is spelt O.N.E. He said take note, im not here to pay for your life as well as 47 sponging relatives. Of course Australians are not prone to having to pay for a house full of bludgers, for the next 25 years.To remember, they all got by just fine in life, long before Mister Westerner came along. 
The family and relatives scams, well those antics just don't hold water with the vast majority of Aussies in 2022.
You are also 110% correct about being all teary and generous with them, because they will exploit that as a total weekness, put forward by yourself - they will milk that honesty cow for every penny.....but only if you let them do it. If they have no hangers on in which to manufacture reasons for your ongoing trips for into dept for them, then they have nothing to manufacture the rorts with.
To date my cousins been married to the second bird he met for just over 7  years, and he has not experienced 1 day of greed or scams from her ! Is he just lucky? i really dont know ?
So many times ive viewed men that are  total suckers, the fools marry the family, instead of just the woman. Never marry a woman with a family of 35  broke relatives, as your just making a rod for your back, and never marry a woman thats got multiple kids from the last 3 guys. That too, its a one way ticket to poverty.  The Columbian women with 3 kids, all you have to look forward to, is scandels involving her exes.  You get her exes, arriving  at the door. The poverty stricken Columbian bum men, then seeing you as the walking wallet, in they come trying  to put the screws on you for a dollar.
The things my cousin endured with the first one , my god 3 years in Columbia with her, and 1 year in Australia, she would not work, soon as she arrived to this country, it just flopped on the couch and ballooned out to 124 kilos, then it refused to do anything . It wanted to live the life of a Russian Oligarch, from a working mans wallet. The second woman he got, she is totally different , maybe its because she was from Cartegena instead of Bogota ? i just don't know, but there is a 90% difference from the first one to the second one. 
My cousin said to me, i could write a 300 page book on the pitfalls of the Columbian women - i said to him hows is that ? he replied well when i teamed up with the second one, i really got to see the inns and outs of them. I replied well tell me  more, and he stated to me that the ones under 35 years, there is no loyalty, as they have got more miles on them than a 1948 Buick !
I said more miles ? meaning what ? he went on to say  look the younger ones, there has been more men to thier pants, than tourists who ever visited Disneyland! They are not choosy who they spend the night with, so long as the Pesos change hands , everything is roses .  Its a strange race alright huh .

@JohnyLondon

So sorry that you have experienced such a dark interaction with a Colombian woman/family. I myself was blessed to have found a wonderful Colombian woman and family. We first interacted via a latin social page in 2018. After traveling to Cali to meet her and her wonderful family, we fell in love and then after applying for the K-1 Visa which took 2 years, thanks to Covid19, i made a third trip back to Cali this past November and brought my love back to Texas. We were married this past Valentine's day weekend. I love my bride dearly and her entire family. They are all beautiful souls and devout Catholics. I am so looking forward to one day retiring in Colombia. The coffee region, eje cafetetero, is especially beautiful and tranquil. Best of luck to you, my Friend! Saludos!
The moral of these sad stories:  Choose wisely, grasshopper.  There are good people and bad people in every country. 

It is not surprising that in Colombia which has had war and poverty and social upheaval for well over a half century, that many people there live on the edge, economically and morally.  The bad choices and bad decisions YOU make regarding with whom you choose to associate, can lead to bad consequences.
If anyone is going to write a book about Colombian women they should learn that the name of the country is Colombia and not Columbia.

Well, seems maybe you need to sharpen up on your judge of character.

that was for @JohnyLondon
Here is what I have gathered there are good an bad people with every race and I am not going to bash Colombian women but you have to be careful.  I was warned in earlier post by members of this forum and I rarely reply on here but when I saw your post I just had to.

I am no longer seeking to be an expat in Colombia.  My so called girlfriend like many Colombian women NOT all BUT many are taught at a young age if they pop up looking exotically hot how to leverage their beauty to get money out of men.  My ex-girlfriend treated using her looks as a job and it was just that.  I was seen as an easy mark and she milked me for $30,000 in a short 6 month period.  I finally opened my eyes and saw what was going on I told her I was not going to give her anymore money and she then proceeded to tell me if I do not continue giving her money then we will no longer continue being together so that is pretty much that.

This was a scam through and through.  The $30,000 did include some good memories and the bulk of it was spent when we met up in person and I got to see her.  I would also give an allowance each month and then she would even request more money after the allowance.

My advice to anyone on the forum as soon as they ask you for money run.  Make it very very clear upfront there will be no giving of money at all.  If they stick around then they truly care about you it is a no brainer.  You need to frame this as you don't want to feel like you are buying love.

My ex-girlfriend was a professional con-artist at its finest.  There are even times still looking back that I believe she did love and care about me because some of the things I just don't see how they could be faked.  The reality is I don't care if she did or didn't because I hit a point I just didn't want to be in a relationship where I was shelling out thousands of dollars and living worlds apart.

Western Union got to see some good business from me for a couple of months.  :)
The bottom line is that there are some really dumb and gullible gringos posting here and most Colombian women seem to know how to cultivate them for their own benefit pretty well.  My recommendation is that these gringos go back to the land of milk and honey and forget the Colombian beauties.
"As soon as they ask you for money, run.  Make it very clear upfront there will be no giving of money at all.  If they stick around then they truly care about you, it is a no-brainer.  You need to frame this as you don't want to feel you are buying love."

-- decadude

-----------

Brilliant!  Bravo!
@JohnyLondon
Reading your post Johny, Lol there is a few Latino guys that i do know where i live, i tell you what though i asked them ages  ago about the Latino women Colombia etc. The 3 i know said they'd not go near them for anything! One said to me, forget all the Good Catholic and God fearing bullshit , the only thing they fear, is that the mans bank account will expire. Its a one way street, the Latino tarts may want Mr Latino, but the few you meet , they certainly don't want the women.
It was funny, the Latino guys they pull no punches when describing the women! The Latino chap i know in Melbourne he stated to me, look the last one i had in Bogota, he said it was a horror! She was into the Botox in a big way, had an ass on it bigger than a Northern Territory Buffalo, and a giant set of tits as big as watermelons. He was saying the woman had so many 'not natural' lumps and bumps that she near had to turn sideways, to walk through a 3 foot wide doorway.
What cracked me up, was he said she had a set of choppers on her that stuck out like a Peruvian landing trip, you could walk past her and hang your hat on her choppers.
From what ive been told the new age younger ones,  are pretty well distorted... there interests are just all Botox  and Bank Accounts - whoever has the biggest one, that they can latch onto!!!!  and in general, a full on bastardisation of the next Gringo / or Latino that they meet.
"Their interests are just all Botox and Bank Accounts... and in general,
a full onbastardization of the next Gringo / or Latino that they meet."
  -- SavellSteve373

Hey, Steve, that last part means what?

cccmedia
Odd that this is JohnyLondon's and SavellSteve's first post on this forum...and both have the same outlook of Colombian women......
The first guy knew how to spell Colombia, the second guy didn't.  The second guy is Aussie and the first guy might also be, the people from down under are kind of different.
I've had the complete opposite experience. I've been with a Colombiana for 4 years. She has been moral, responsible and generous. She even insisted on paying for her immigration costs and helping us pay off all debts. A solid, good hearted, funny personality as well as beautiful and supportive.

The problems Johnny had in no way is the norm.

The messages read, are particularly interesting.

I have two experiences that relate, your different experiences, the second is ongoing

The first was disastrous, but my common sense and luck allowed me to detect the scam and run away.

The second one is going on right now, so I'm not going to give all the details, just some facts.

I met him as many, on a dedicated site, it goes without saying that appear and be, are two different things, the profile was correctly filled, it seemed that she knew what she wanted and that she had a very strong character, of course the photographs were posted for a perfect enhancement.

We started to correspond (messages, videos, photos....)

After a while, what she was telling me (95 percent) was revealed to be true, there was just a bit of shadow, so I insisted that she confirm her situation to me very sharply and I stopped corresponding, after two days, she came back to me, to reveal his real situation to me, send videos and photos of everyday life (without artifices), things were said and I made the decision to continue this virtual relationship.

I made commitments and I also made my conditions.

It is planned that we will meet between May and June of this year, so very soon (May, next June).

Given his situation, I also made the decision alone to help him, I do not know what this will really lead to, but I considered that taking the risk was not so heavy of consequences, based on this meeting, I will be fixed on the future events, So today, I can't say more, but when I get back, I can really share this experience good or bad!
I am not sure many gringos know this, but the business of meeting Colombian women on line is a BUSINESS.  The owners of these businesses purchase old hotels and refurbish them as fancy bedrooms.  They provide clothes, make-up artists, language training etc. and the internet connections to poor but good looking sexy women so they can meet gringos on line.  The gringos pay for their time, send them gifts, etc. etc.  These are not serious relationships, again it is a very profitable BUSINESS, gringos beware!
@SAVELLSTEVE373

all very true!
these people the only thing they fear is the opinion in the bario.
I think publishing names and addresses would be a sweet answer
Colombia is a wonderful country. And these nits spoil the image
@gurutogo

thank you for sharing good vibes and opinions! I would like to believe deeply that the people of Colombia are like their country: simply beautiful.

@mtbe Not. This is only a fragmentary picture of SOME Colombian women. Just sharing an opinion- when I meet the right- I will also write about it.

@JohnyLondon
Johny london read your post and you have it dead right mate , i have a cousin that married a Colombian some years ago, Same situation almost exactly , its a race of money hungry spongers ! However be all this as it may, he failed the first time as the bird almost put him in the poor house . He got smart and went back a second time, and amazingly it all worked out perfectly.

You know where the loophole was ? the second time he found a bird that was deviod of all family, they had all passed on some years before. So that eliminated the spongers, as there were none to scam him for money or asetts. Also the one he  met the second time around, he laid down the laws of life 60 minutes after he was first with her. He clearly stated, listen i'm here for 1 person only,  and 1 is spelt O.N.E. He said take note, im not here to pay for your life as well as 47 sponging relatives. Of course Australians are not prone to having to pay for a house full of bludgers, for the next 25 [link under review] remember, they all got by just fine in life, long before Mister Westerner came along.

The family and relatives scams, well those antics just don't hold water with the vast majority of Aussies in 2022.

You are also 110% correct about being all teary and generous with them, because they will exploit that as a total weekness, put forward by yourself - they will milk that honesty cow for every penny.....but only if you let them do it. If they have no hangers on in which to manufacture reasons for your ongoing trips for into dept for them, then they have nothing to manufacture the rorts with.

To date my cousins been married to the second bird he met for just over 7  years, and he has not experienced 1 day of greed or scams from her ! Is he just lucky? i really dont know ?

So many times ive viewed men that are  total suckers, the fools marry the family, instead of just the woman. Never marry a woman with a family of 35  broke relatives, as your just making a rod for your back, and never marry a woman thats got multiple kids from the last 3 guys. That too, its a one way ticket to poverty.  The Columbian women with 3 kids, all you have to look forward to, is scandels involving her exes.  You get her exes, arriving  at the door. The poverty stricken Columbian bum men, then seeing you as the walking wallet, in they come trying  to put the screws on you for a dollar.

The things my cousin endured with the first one , my god 3 years in Columbia with her, and 1 year in Australia, she would not work, soon as she arrived to this country, it just flopped on the couch and ballooned out to 124 kilos, then it refused to do anything . It wanted to live the life of a Russian Oligarch, from a working mans wallet. The second woman he got, she is totally different , maybe its because she was from Cartegena instead of Bogota ? i just don't know, but there is a 90% difference from the first one to the second one.

My cousin said to me, i could write a 300 page book on the pitfalls of the Columbian women - i said to him hows is that ? he replied well when i teamed up with the second one, i really got to see the inns and outs of them. I replied well tell me  more, and he stated to me that the ones under 35 years, there is no loyalty, as they have got more miles on them than a 1948 Buick !

I said more miles ? meaning what ? he went on to say  look the younger ones, there has been more men to thier pants, than tourists who ever visited Disneyland! They are not choosy who they spend the night with, so long as the Pesos change hands , everything is roses .  Its a strange race alright huh .

- @SAVELLSTEVE373
What a wanker.
@Laker4115

you are right- but...who cares now 1f923.svg

@JohnyLondon i am a colombia/ Canadian there's good in bad everywhere. It's not a whole country's fault he has no game.

I have been going to Medellin since 1983 and have had mixed experiences,  mainly due to poor choices I made. When a beautiful,  young Colombiana,  who doesn't speak English, flits with me, I like to believe it's real, that I'm George Clooney,  which I ain't,  and am gullible.  And most of the women I found on dating sites like Colombian Cupid are more concerned with economics than finding a soul mate. But, when I'm in Medellin and have the time to look around and get to know the individual,  I have better experiences....
There are a lot of beautiful, educated women in Colombia, I was just there and my parents have many friends with daughters who are lawyers, architects and others who work at éxito or customer service reps. A beautiful face will only get you so far now a day, look for ambition and friendship.

Not all of us are like that dolt from Pereira, on 90 day fiancé.

@marisolwest very true.

@marisolwest Hi, Actually I really like Pereira, but I noticed that it has not the best reputation among Colombians (?)

Im just stereotyping that individual I have never been there, do you live in Colombia?
@JohnyLondon

My observance  and advice is  ,( and I have told plenty of expatriate and visiting  guys this )

"Colombian woman fall in love very easily  .

The only problem is it is not  you .

Its your wallet they fall in love with."
They seem to not teach spelling in Australia.  The name of the country is Colombia not Columbia.

Also most of the opinions here are looking at the wrong side of the equation.  The reason Colombian women are sometimes attracted to foreign men is not a matter of money or having 35 blood sucking relatives.  Rather it is because large numbers of Colombian men are not serious about having a wife, children, and a family but want rather to live like bachelors until they are seventy years old, playing the field until they need someone to take care of them in their last years.
@Laker4115

I think Colombian men have got the right idea , actually

So Laker, you have been married to a Colombiana for 56 years. You dont think Colombian women have changed in that time?

After all there has been a few changes since then. The internet was invented, man has landed on the moon, the population of the world has doubled, cultural changes abound world wide.
I have lived there at various times and been back for at least fifty visits.  Lots of things have changed in the last fifty six years, including the fact that the computer I am typing on was not even dreamed of at that time. 

I am not sure humans have changed so much, there are still honest people and thieves in every country in the world.  You did not understand my earlier comment so I will try to make it clearer.  Colombia has a disproportionate share of male assholes, so don't put all the negativity onto the Colombian women.  The fact is that marrying a gringo makes it slightly less likely that the guy will be an asshole.
You get what you ask for and should date for a year before entering into a relationship. Met them  all gold diggers and nice women alike, stay away from relatives make things work better, as for age men have married younger women all over the world, women mature much sooner and selectmen many different men and are way more experienced.
@fordtruck2003

very well said.
@Laker4115

I am with you. Although: once you are badly burned you lose the passion to save the world, isn't it?  As the subject states: GIRLFRIEND / FIANCE/ WIFE (??) FROM COLOMBIA - in this case, is nothing to do with Colombian idiots males. The forum is not to give excuses to poor sponges- thieves. The aim is to warn: as many really good gringos may lose not only wallet- but also time!
@Laker4115

"35 blood-sucking relatives": wonderful! 1f602.svg I would say MORE !!! lol
@JohnyLondon

My wife has many more than 35 relatives In Colombia and not one of them has sucked my blood in 56 years.  The reasons are that they have not tried to and if anyone of them would have tried, I would not be sucker enough to let them do it.