GADGETS IN MU

Hi, I've read from posts that shopping is very cheap there, but i wanna know is it true that gadgets there are expensive? like laptops, phones, ipod, psp etc.. can you share atleast an idea how much is it there? thanks

Electronics is certainly expensive here around 1.5 times higher then east Asian countries

cheers

Vish

oh.. that's bad.. LOL

you can't find everything here ... I don't even know if you can find an Ipad (version 1) here !

oh.. well..

hi julien,
ipad is being sold by Apple mu, leal communications and informatics, check also shop in phx les halles, they might have what you'll be needing, cheerio for the drink,

islander.

nice

I would lie to buy an i-pad is it better to have one sent from the uk or buy in mauritius ?

Anntropez, one thing to remember is that if you have it shipped by DHL or other courier it has to clear customs and you must pay VAT.  If you can get someone to carry it in for you you should be fine.

hi jude so really it might cost more in mauritius but in the long run it could be the same with the customs charges ...........do you now where i can get one here ?

HeyJude wrote:

Anntropez, one thing to remember is that if you have it shipped by DHL or other courier it has to clear customs and you must pay VAT.  If you can get someone to carry it in for you you should be fine.

The iStore in Caudan has them, or at least they usually do.

When I checked the cost of my smartphone it's twice as much to buy in Mauritius.:|