Dependent D visa

Hi ,
    My spouse works in Belgium since 3 months and has a valid work permit for 1 year and has applied for residence permit, I as a dependent got 6 months D visa but i returned after initial 15 days and now I am unable to move  to Belgium for few months.

My question is as my D visa expires after next 3 months and i want to visit my spouse and Schengen area in May, In that case do i  need to apply fresh Schengen visa to visit my spouse and Schengen area and would there be problem in getting Schengen visa if my spouse already lives in Belgium.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Please suggest on my query.

Thanks

>>Do  I  need to apply fresh Schengen visa to visit my spouse and Schengen area ? 
--> YES

>> Would there be problem in getting Schengen visa if my spouse already lives in Belgium ?
--> I dont know which visa type you are going to apply. If it is D type family re-union, it may take a long time in processing. If it is tourist or short term, it may be faster. I dont know if your spouse being here will influence the processing. As you have a D type visa already stamped, it will be a good idea to mention in your cover letter the background a bit.

Thanks Aneesh.