Question about self-sufficent residence.

Hello there, my name is Matteo, I'm 22 and I'm from Italy.
I'm about to do the self-sufficient residence (form J)  I know the requirements I need but I have doubts regarding the opening of a society. I have talked to an accountant and he told me that since It is a non-dom residence with a particular scheme I would pay only the 5% of tax on the society. Do you know if this kind of residence allows me the opening of a society?

maltador wrote:

Hello there, my name is Matteo, I'm 22 and I'm from Italy.
I'm about to do the self-sufficient residence (form J)  I know the requirements I need but I have doubts regarding the opening of a society. I have talked to an accountant and he told me that since It is a non-dom residence with a particular scheme I would pay only the 5% of tax on the society. Do you know if this kind of residence allows me the opening of a society?

Can you explain what you mean  'I have doubts regarding the opening of a society', what is the 'society' you are talking about?
Then perhaps someone here can help.

Ray

Hello, Ray thanks for the reply!
I'm in IT sector, a digital nomad.
Basically, I work with advertisers who insert their ads on my websites
The incomes come from Ireland and USA..0 from Malta.

My plan would be to get the self-sufficient residence and then after opening a Maltese company with the tax refund of 6/7 (since self-sufficient is a non-dom residency)
By the way, my doubt is, Can I open a Company with this schema? because as far as I know I can't neither work neither make any business in Malta with this schema..but I've heard a lot of different things...that's why I'm asking,

6/7 is for Maltese companies who are owned by other companies from other countries. Not non dom individuals.

Suggest you speak to an accountant it's complex.

Hello Volcane,
Already spoke with an accountant about this and we found a workaround. The only doubt I have is if I'm able to open a Maltese company with my Self-sufficient residence.

Yes sure I opened mine before even living here. When done correctly you don't own the company a foreign entity does.

@volcane just for curiosity what have you said to the immigration office about your moving to Malta? You talked about the company or what?

@maltador there are no secrets, banks, VAT everyone knows all about the company structures etc and who owns what - there's no need for secrecy its all legal and EU law compliant.

Alright, Thanks.
Tomorrow is the day. I'll keep you updated :)

You probably need to just go self sufficiency route. Obviously if you own a company you have all the paper work and employment contracts etc

Acutally not yet have it. since in Italy i was working by my own

If you are Italian you don't say anything at immigration when entering the country, here on holiday whatever.  No one cares you have 3 months here before you need to get ID card etc and these questions become important.

Hi.

He means company -- literal translation of the Italian word.

conradical wrote:

Hi.

He means company -- literal translation of the Italian word.

The post is from 2017.

It was true then. It's true now.

conradical wrote:

It was true then. It's true now.

Gozomo was simply advising you that you were posting on an old post which is no longer active!