Temporary Residence Permit?

Been staying and moving from Romania (Bucharest) back and fro to my homeland after every 3 months' stay in each country (due to the fact that I am only allowed for 3 months' stay in Romania. Is there any way for me to apply for temporary residence permit so I could stay longer in Romania with my romanian boyfriend. We planning to get married next year but still a long way to go so...

Your options are to:

1. Get married
2. Open a business
3. Get hired here

Neither of the first 2 options are easy :)  Maybe others have some ideas also.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

It depends on your skills. I don't need to work because I have an American pension, but even with this sufficient income I cannot stay. My way was to put out feelers to ONGs looking for a Volunteer Contract, which, with the purchase of Romanian health insurance fulfills the Residency Permit requirements. I am an unpaid volunteer English conversation tutor (with a signed one-year renewable contract) for 3 days a week at a local high school. This may be an option for you. Plus it gives something to the local community. You can't sit in the park or café watching the world go by every day. ;) So much the better if you have significant skills to offer. Good luck.

Where are you from ?

USA
I got my 'Permis de Sedere' last week. I'm good for a year.

Hi I am from pakistan I get my permis de sedere temporara for a family member My Wife is Romanian Citizen I want to know can i travel to other Eu countries with out my wife? Please guide me about it thanks

Oh. You mean the OP. Sorry.

Finally got married  recently with my Romanian spouse. Now we can plan the next step. What documents do I need though for application of temporary residence permit? I read many posts in this forum but got so confused... My marriage was in other country so I do know we will have to legalize our marriage certificate first...

What is your nationality?

and where did you get married?

I'm from Singapore. Got married in Denmark, Copenhagen.

Did you have to get a long term visa first? I'm trying to find out if I can go to Romania without  getting a visa, since I'm American and can go for 90 days without one, and then just apply for the residency permit once there.

I read in some places that is possible, but in others I read I would have to get a long term visa first, before leaving the US, to be able to apply for the residency permit.

I am actually a TEFL certified English teacher, and I work online. So I could theoretically do the same thing, volunteer teaching English.

Well, Cdawn, you've 3/4 of the way there. I was also very apprehensive and even inquired whether someone might adopt me to get residency. But i arrived for my 90 days and with  a volunteer contract to a high school (I knew a few teachers and only committed to three days a week) and some annoying paperwork it was easy peasy. If you have any friends already there they might ask around for you. You might also try the library, leading some classes.