Income tax

Hi,
I have researched different threads and please forgive me if this question has already been addressed.
I am in the process of obtaining my provisional residency visa and would like  to know if I have to pay income tax in the Dominican Republic from earned income from the United States. I plan to continue working in the United States until retirement ten or so years from now. It is my understanding that provided I don't spend more than 182 days per year in the Dominican Republic that earned income outside of the DR does not have to be reported. Is my understanding correct or incorrect?

Hi everyone !

We are looking to move in Dominican Republic and trying to know an average budget per month we should plan ....

Let's say for a small house in cabarete ... including food and electricity...

Would 3,500$ Canadian  per month would be ok ?

Thank you in advance for your comments !

Sébastien & Katia

I am newbe here as well. First, I know this issue has been addressed on other threads so would suggest that you search through the Forum threat list. However, a quick answer is it depends on your lifestyle and what you want to pay. There are other very knowledgeable that will like respond but the short answer is yes. I will be residing inland in Moca and will bout the sam eamount available but will only be looking at putting out about half that  - be very comfortable. Things are more expensive on the coast. Keep search the treads and wait for responses for other folks - and like the all say  - welcome to the Forum...

wvbicycle
Personally I would not report it.  Especially if you are not earning any money from working in the DR.
Bob K

Sebastien_emery
First welcome to the forum.  Lots of information here for you read and ask questions on.  I would suggest you start a new thread with this question.
To give the short answer your budget is about 2600US and with that it will be tight but can be done.  Remember Cabarete is a tourist area so prices are higher then they would be in other areas.

Bob K