Was ein guter fuer Plan das Handy ist... ?

Hallo,

I am looking at cell phone providers, and i am not sure which one is best. I need one for my iPhone from the USA. Any suggestions for making calls, texting, and somewhat of a data plan (not unlimited like in the USA)?

Danke.

Serina

Serina,

As this is an Anglophone (English) language forum, please post topic titles and messages only in English so others can understand and contribute.  This is mentioned in the Germany Forum Code of Conduct.

Thanks
Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

There are literally hundreds of mobile phone plans from tens of providers available in Germany. It's a jungle of tariffs out there and you have to decide whether you want to spend hours of reading convoluted fineprint to save just a few Euros per month.
In my opinion, unles you want to get a subsidized phone with your plan, it makes no sense to commit to a year or more contract - better go for pre-paid cards with monthly plans that start at EUR5 - 15 for a packet of Minutes/SMS and GB, or EUR15-35 for an Alnet-Flat (meaning you can call and sometimes send SMS or even surf as much as you want)!

beppi wrote:

There are literally hundreds of mobile phone plans from tens of providers available in Germany. It's a jungle of tariffs out there and you have to decide whether you want to spend hours of reading convoluted fineprint to save just a few Euros per month.
In my opinion, unles you want to get a subsidized phone with your plan, it makes no sense to commit to a year or more contract - better go for pre-paid cards with monthly plans that start at EUR5 - 15 for a packet of Minutes/SMS and GB, or EUR15-35 for an Alnet-Flat (meaning you can call and sometimes send SMS or even surf as much as you want)!

Thank you. I was hearing family in Germany mention this too however in the USA we are so use to being committed to a contract that i was completely shocked by how many do the prepaid method in Germany.

I use netzclub, had no issues with it.
You get free sim card delivered to your address upon online sign up and you get 100 MB free internet every month all these for free  :top:
calls cost 9 cent per minute..

For frequent callers, there are prepaid packs: 7.95€(150 free calls) or 19.95€(unlimited)

satti65 wrote:

I use netzclub, had no issues with it.
You get free sim card delivered to your address upon online sign up and you get 100 MB free internet every month all these for free  :top:
calls cost 9 cent per minute..

For frequent callers, there are prepaid packs: 7.95€(150 free calls) or 19.95€(unlimited)

Awesome! Thank you!