Menu
Expat.com

Starting a small business with a Lithuanian partner

Last activity 14 May 2019 by stumpy

monika5432

Hello!

I have been doing a lot of reading on starting a small business in Lithuania and I'm confused about opening a business there and having trouble finding information about starting a small business in Lithuania as a foreigner with a Lithuanian business partner. Ideally we would like to start a farm and I know a lot about farming, but I'm still learning about starting a business. I'm finding information that the business has to be operating for at least 6 months prior, employing at least 3 Lithuanians and such. Does any of this change if I open a business with a Lithuanian partner and if the business is a farm? 

Any help would be appreciated.  Full disclosure: I have traveled to Lithuania many times and am aware of the agriculture environment, agricultural markets, climate, the food prices, the cost of land, etc. I don't need people telling me that moving there is a big mistake, I really would just appreciate any information about starting a business in Lithuania.

JoseAlves

Hi,
I started a management company in 2014 in Vilnius, and it was not somtehing complicated. In fact I found it very easy. The only thing that could be a litle complicated its for getting VAT number. But maybe you will not need it!
Could you be more specific about what you need would lke to know.
You can buy a company in ready made quicker but most expansive , ou create one.
Best regards
Jose Alves

Wisem1

I can help you with information and opening your business

stumpy

@Wiseman1

You have posted on an inactive thread. If you have information that may assist others please post it here.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Lithuania

• Become a digital nomad in Lithuania
    Become a digital nomad in Lithuania

Lithuania is often called “the land of wood and water” for its many forests and lakes and the ...

• Driving in Lithuania
    Driving in Lithuania

In order to get a driver's license in Lithuania, the first thing to do is contacting one of the numerous ...

• Public transportation in Lithuania
    Public transportation in Lithuania

You can find train and bus networks connecting almost all living places from the smallest to the biggest in ...

• Opening bank account
    Opening bank account

Opening bank account is not very hard thing in Lithuania. As in other countries you simply need to get to closest ...

• Accomodation
    Accomodation

Living in Lithuania has one main principle: here are 4 very different seasons. Winter can be very cold and summer ...

All of Lithuania's guide articles