How to get a job in Lithuania ?

@Bhavna

Hi,am a Kenyan currently working in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.my dream is to work in lithuania.how to get a visa sponsorship?

Please help.thanks.

Ken.

Hello Ken,

Welcome on board !

Why do you want to move to Lithuania ? Do you speak Lithuanian ?

What qualifications do you have ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna I speak English.am a Heavy equipment operator by profession.i need to come to Lithuania to work, learn and gain more skills and experience

I doubt you will find a job with only english. English is not their official language.

You may create your Cv in the Jobs in Lithuania section of the website.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

You mean apart from Job qualifications I must speak their language?

@kenalbusaili knowledge of the Lithuanian language can help you find an opportunity easily. Have a look at the following : https://www.jobsqd.com/countryguides/work-in-lithuania/

Try to look for opportunities on LinkedIn and reach out to companies in your field of expertise.

P.S I have created a new thread from your post on the Lithuania forum so that other members may provide some feedback as well.

My name is Chiringa Odartey Bannerman. I from Ghana and works with the Ghana Prisons Service. I want to relocate to Lithuania and work. I have a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration in Human Resource.

hi am kwame kwame from ghana a medical laboratory technician and i want to relocate to Lithuania, i want to get there for work and school . so i need visa sponsorship. so pls i need more help.

@kwamenkrumahjunior Hello

Please note that if you want to go there for school, you need to choose a school and once your application is accepted you will be eligible for a student visa.

For work, you need to find a contract/employment then, you will be eligible for the work permit.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hi Madam kindly clarify, is it a must that those seeking employment in Lithuania must know lithuanian language? Being a European country, i guesse majority speaks English and it's the official language. Just like in the Netherlands, majority Dutch speaks English and English is used officially alongside Dutch. Would a potential employer from Lithuania refuse to hire a qualified expatriate on the grounds that they cannot speak Lithuanian language? In anycase where else would someone learn lithuanian language without first visiting the country and getting to know their language and culture?

Kindly make it clear so that those of us who does not know the country's language should not bother about looking for a job there.

@kenalbusaili

Hello brother did you succeed in getting a job in Lithuania?

@Bhavna
Hello Madam, kindly clarify. I believe majority of Lithuanians speaks English and English is the official language. How then can it be that  getting a job in Lithuania is not easy if one does not know their native language? It's like working in the Netherlands where both English and Dutch are widely spoken and used officially. In anycase where else would someone learn Lithuanian language without first visiting the country?
Would a potential employer fail to hire a qualified job seeker on account that they do not speak the country's language?

Regards.

-@jackokal9191

For people who wish to go and live/work in another country, many have an integration requirement, which basically demonstrates that the applicant will be able to mix, work and look after themselves.  You mentioned Holland, there it's called MVV; part of that is an examination that the applicant can speak, read and write in Dutch; some country's nationals are exempt this and some visas are exempt; you can read more on the Dutch Government website.  Lithuania is not one of the countries I am responsible for, but I just checked what others are saying on the Internet and it appears to be the same.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@BhavnaHello Madam, kindly clarify. I believe majority of Lithuanians speaks English and English is the official language. How then can it be that  getting a job in Lithuania is not easy if one does not know their native language? It's like working in the Netherlands where both English and Dutch are widely spoken and used officially. In anycase where else would someone learn Lithuanian language without first visiting the country?Would a potential employer fail to hire a qualified job seeker on account that they do not speak the country's language?Regards.        -@jackokal9191

For people who wish to go and live/work in another country, many have an integration requirement, which basically demonstrates that the applicant will be able to mix, work and look after themselves.  You mentioned Holland, there it's called MVV; part of that is an examination that the applicant can speak, read and write in Dutch; some country's nationals are exempt this and some visas are exempt; you can read more on the Dutch Government website.  Lithuania is not one of the countries I am responsible for, but I just checked what others are saying on the Internet and it appears to be the same.
I hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

-@Cynic

Its the same in Austria, people do speak English, but mainly the young. BUT if you wish to move to Austria you need to pass German at at least A1 level as that is the language of the country. Germany is the same.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 days ago
Reason : Please create your CV in the Jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct