Non-EU just landed looking for work.

Hi,
Just landed on the island yesterday from Libya. Anyone know of any jobs going for a Pilot (specializing in security)? - I brought my own plane with me!

What's the Govt. like here? - hopefully they have no silly rules like the last place I was in.

Hoping to meet you all at a social event - we can all get bombed together.

libyanpilot1

Oh - and anyone know what the Registration Tax on a Dassault Mirage F1BD is?

Hi,

Welcome.

Sorry to disappoint you about the rules.There are quite a few strange ones here too.

Jobs for pilots don't look too good too as Malta does not have an airforce and AirMalta is just about to get rid of a whole lot of employees , including pilots.

If you set up residence in Malta you can bring in one plane registration tax free ! But then you are not allowed to sell it or dispose of it in any way.And no Maltese is allowed to fly it .

If you manage to get a good price for your Mirage you should be able to qualify as economically self-sufficient, though -)))

How about a picnic in front of the Libyan embassy ?

And lets hope that the situation in Libyan comes to good end for the people of Libya.

Ricky

libyanpilot1 wrote:

Oh - and anyone know what the Registration Tax on a Dassault Mirage F1BD is?

Are the registration papers in your name, and if so, have you owned it for at least 2 years ?

Thanks for the information Ricky and georgeingozo - unfortunately the plane has been confiscated by the authorities as I couldn't prove I owned it, and put up for sale: maltapark.com/item.asp?itemid=1046544

libyanpilot1

Sorry about that, the current highest bid would certainly have qualified you to be economically self-sufficient.

How about just applying for asylum ? Should work !

Ricky

Before it was confiscated some very nice local gentlemen gave me some money for my rockets and missiles - they said they own a Fireworks factory and they could put them to good use.

libyanpilot1

Your asking way too much... 

shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=aircraft&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

Just a thought???   If it's french made does it have an automated surrender function???  You know something like a white flag that pop's out of the tail fin as soon as another plane is spotted?

Also if you are serious about selling it I would put a post on ebay not maltapark  :)

Chad