Do I need a visa to travel to Romania with UK eea family permit?

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I am a non EU married to a Romanian and we're both living in the UK, I have an EEU family permit to the UK and it's still valid, I didn't obtain my residency card yet. My question is do I need to apply for a visa to visit Romania with my husband? or I can travel without visa with the family  permit that I have?

Your help would be highly appreciated! Thank you very much

Wishing you all a very lovely day

Sincerely

If you are traveling with him, you are definitely fine to visit :) No visa needed.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you very much Romaniac you're always a great help!!

Hello again,

Please I need an advice regarding this matter. We've been told that my UK EEA family permit allows me to enter but doesn't give me the right to stay in Romania for a short vacation (less than two weeks). We've been told that I need a resedency card, is that true? we already bought ticket !! could anyone help me please !! :(

SoulaAP wrote:

Hello again,

Please I need an advice regarding this matter. We've been told that my UK EEA family permit allows me to enter but doesn't give me the right to stay in Romania for a short vacation (less than two weeks). We've been told that I need a resedency card, is that true? we already bought ticket !! could anyone help me please !! :(

Who has told you this? :/

By no means is a Romanian residency card needed for stays under 90 days.  A period of 2 weeks could not possibly qualify as bring resident in Romania. Were you told you need the UK residence card?

We've been told by visa services that my EEA family permit gives me only right to enter UK and it's not a document that proves my right to reside in the country. Therefore,  they informed us that I need to apply for a visa. According to them I cannot travel (with my husband together)  to Romania without visa.

I'm confused because elsewhere it says that I can visit Romania with him!

Well, best thing to do is contact the Romania embassy.  They have the final authority to say what you need.  However under EU law, if you do need a visa, it should cost nothing and be processed urgently.

Hello ! My name is Gio .. and currently I'm facing a problem exactly the same like you've mentioned above .. and i'd like a help with informations if you don't mind ..

So what did you do to finally go to Romania when you were still with EEA permit status ? Did you apply for visa ? Any chance you can help me by telling how to apply and so on ?

Your help means a lot for me ! Thanks in advance and have a great day !