Training in Thailand for 4 - 6 months

Hi Guys,

I have done lots of reading up on  this topic however i just don't seem to fully understand what i need to do and how to go about it.

I plan to visit Thailand very soon and stay for approximately 4 - 6 months in order to train in mua thai.
I dont plan to work however if an opportunity arose to work in a gym during my visit i would jump at the chance.

I plan to take about £5000 for the duration of my trip.

First of all i was wondering what visa it is i need and how i go about this? i wasn't sure if i need a tourist visa or non imigrant visa? The more research i do the more confused i get.

I was also wondering if i will be able to apply for said visa if i haven't already secured accommodation (which i was planning to do upon arrival).

Also would £5000 be enough for 4 to 6 months?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice!

If I were you, I would go for the non immigrant visa if you can get it.  I would also try talking with others in the Muay Thai community for information more specific to your needs.  I have no idea of the cost of a training course, housing, food and medical.  Chances are you will get injured if you do any fighting so keep that in mind.  I doubt you will qualify for a work permit and you can't work without one.  Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the swift response.

So am i correct in thinking i would need to apply for a "single entry non immigrant visa" for 90 days and then extend it once i am in Thailand?

I agree in regards to the Thai Boxing community side of things and i will do so, thanks.

There is a multi entry visa you can get which gives you 6 months, however you have to leave Thailand and reenter every 60 DAYS.

Student visa, letter from your training institution, stating the length of time of your training etc.  £5000 equates to almost 500000 baht. I paid for 6 months accommodation upfront,  bigger discounts.  Food if you eat Thai much cheaper,  you have to think about transport.  If you concentrate on your training for the time you are there you will have more than enough money,  partying well the expression is passing your money up against the wall.  Big thing for you is your health.  Good private hospitals in Thailand,  Get a good health care plan in place before you leave.