Are you planning to leave KSA? -- for ever? -- Why?

I have been noticing on the forum and other resources that quite a big number of expatriates have either left or are planning to do so.

Let us see what expat-ians have to say, if it is not confidential :)

Planning to leave forever but stucked with loan😅

Why? no more merit increase, no more overtime, life gets boring and dull😜

When I leave KSA forever I would want to be somewhere else open and where I can be more productive. Maybe in 4 years?😭

With the ever increasing cost of living and harsh enforcement of rules/regulations, people are bound to leave. Everyone comes here to make Money and leave eventually. But with economy going down the hill, people aren't interested to stay longer here with ever increasing prices of the commodities.

I live in riyadh till one year, and I m waiting the end of the project, to go outside ksa, and live a normal life.For western it s not live here

if reply and comments rich to 100 on this topic...
i will try to foreword it to media

Every expat will have to leave the place , one day or another. That' why we are called expats , we came in knowing that . Not one of us should have thought that this was an all life engagement here .

TLL you will leave one day, I may follow the next day and so does all of us. New faces and names will take our place here, its the game of life -----a bit philosophical there.

Well I aint leaving until the fat lady sings. (Or perhaps a fat mutawwa ?  :dumbom: )

Lol! When TLL leaves he should take us with him😀

Well Connie, I wouldnt want to go where he goes. Are you sure you want to  :dumbom::lol:

HRGuru wrote:

Well Connie, I wouldnt want to go where he goes. Are you sure you want to  :dumbom::lol:

😂😄

BlueBird2 wrote:

hi blue, do you mean if comments 'reached' to 100 then you will forward it to media. if yes what is your purpose.

Ehtesham wrote:
BlueBird2 wrote:

hi blue, do you mean if comments 'reached' to 100 then you will forward it to media. if yes what is your purpose.

Yap Ehtesham,
100 comments here to see and know "how expats here planing"
my purpose to shift this problem to media to focus by authority and citizens...

are we ready as citizens and gov for this handling!....

1st June 2017 still 3 months a way from now, and I can see a lot of expats planing to back home.

conniesky wrote:

Lol! When TLL leaves he should take us with him😀

:huh: I can't take rabbits with me.

Lol!

BlueBird2 wrote:

1st June 2017 still 3 months a way from now, and I can see a lot of expats planing to back home.

Do you mean the dependents taxation that's supposed to kick off from July 2017?
If yes, that is probably not the only reason to relocate.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
BlueBird2 wrote:

Do you mean the dependents taxation that's supposed to kick off from July 2017?
If yes, that is probably not the only reason to relocate.

Yap taxation ,
In 1st jun gov will stop all support to water, electric city, gas, gasoline...
that's only 1st step,

so,
so what's more reasons make our expats thinking back home on this time?

BlueBird2 wrote:

that's only 1st step,

Wow, even to expats? I thought only to those high-ranking officials😀

Born in Jeddah. Will live in Jeddah

Alhamdulillah

you're definitely not a westerner - let's not front to the internet

Max.Pu wrote:

I live in riyadh till one year, and I m waiting the end of the project, to go outside ksa, and live a normal life.For western it s not live here

not interested in leaving. and everybody crying about fees should go live in NYC for a year  and will come back kissing the soil of saudi

conniesky wrote:
BlueBird2 wrote:

that's only 1st step,

Wow, even to expats? I thought only to those high-ranking officials😀

Saudi's will get monthly cash support for the "power" and next step for food

Taken from an article published in Saudi Gazette today.

Skilled expat workers who learned a lot in our country and contributed positively to the economy will leave with their experience and skills and will use what they learned to benefit either other countries or their home nations. Those who decide to stay and bear the fees, like I said, would end up increasing the cost on the end consumer and we will see that when the prices of services and products increase.

Full article here:  http://saudigazette.com.sa/opinion/many … l-leaving/

rareshine wrote:

not interested in leaving. and everybody crying about fees should go live in NYC for a year  and will come back kissing the soil of saudi

It's actually true, compared to any other country, KSA is still the most cheaper place to live.

Once my A-Level is over. Though, I will probably come back here few times to visit

As expats we're here to make money to support family / achieve life goals / survive!
Best advice I received, you have two buckets. One is for cash, one is for poop. As soon as one bucket is full, it is time to leave.

I have been very fortunate in my time in the Kingdom, and will leave with positive memories as well as being a lot stronger as an individual. I know others have had negative experiences, but these can happen anywhere - even in our own countries.

Life in KSA is already very restricted in many ways and we all have accepted this situation to achieve our goals. If things get worse then nobody will stay unless the conditions aren't the same.
It's unfair to compare Riyadh or any place in KSA to NYC, it's like comparing apples with potatoes and expecting them to have same taste and price.

this is hurt but i understand  :)

very wise.
thanks

Well said, people usually hold the same standards for different countries.

NYC has its own downsides, any place in the world has its goods and bads. And we can learn from both

As per my prospective majority of skilled expat workers are staying on...

If you compare Saudi with other countries in the region, still the living expense is cheaper than others despite of new changes...

Best,

presidconsult wrote:

As per my prospective majority of skilled expat workers are staying on...

If you compare Saudi with other countries in the region, still the living expense is cheaper than others despite of new changes...

Best,

wait till next year when fees is doubled and VAT is added