Property prices in Jeddah

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Jeddah is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Jeddah?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla

I can see you are from Mauritius :) where we have had our Honeymoon. Welcome to jeddah and generally speaking northern of jeddah is the best place to live in. North west specifically is the most desired place ( when i say west i mean west to the Highway). I can not tell you much about rules as they are changing now and soon. When you like a property, you pay 2.5 % of the rent to the real estate agent (for the first year only) and you would pay insurance. Later on you would pay every 6 months the rent. When it comes to prices, i will give you an example, i live in west north of jeddah (not very north which is better) in 3 bedrooms apartment and i pay 32K. for 2 bedroom apartment which is preferred by foreigners, it is for 26K. if you go norther, you  are expected to pay around 30 - 35 for 2 Bedrooms. If you go to compounds, which some foreigners like, you will pay much more.
I hope i give good idea about accommodation.

Cheers