Rates/prices of compounds in Jeddah

Greetings to all
I am considering moving to Jeddah with family (child is 2 years old) and I am now doing the calculations to see if it is worth accepting the deal.

Can you please be so kind to share the rates/prices of the compounds in Jeddah? Sharbatly or any other one with western or mixed community.

We are happy with two bedroom apartments or houses.

With many thanks

Ismayil

1 bedroon   40-60,000 SAR
2 Bedroom   75-110,000 SAR
3 Bedroom    130-200,000 SAR

Hi Ismayil, WElcome to Jeddah, the prices mentioned by Alon are ideal for a compound.

Regards,

Barish

Hi Ismayil,
it depends a great deal on who you would be working for. Many compounds claim to be full, certainly this was the case when we recently spoke about a move onto Sharbatly, they initially said that there were 900 on the waiting list, however after asking nationality and employer details we were offered a choice of two... move in Feb?

Hi!

We might also be moving to Djeddah next summer, do you know which are the newest compounds? We search  house with 4 rooms. How much will the price be? Do you know also which are the closest to the French School¿?

thank you in advance!

Alon Injed wrote:

1 bedroon   40-60,000 SAR
2 Bedroom   75-110,000 SAR
3 Bedroom    130-200,000 SAR

Can somebody plz mention the names of compunds. or websites.

In Lotus 2 bedroom apartment is 90 000, in Sierra around 110 000 depending on the size, Mura Bustan (villa) is 120-140 000. Don't forget the long waiting lists.. Have been waiting for Lotus 9 months and still nothing.

http://about-jeddah.blogspot.com/2008/1 … on_24.html

This is an older blog post but it is a pretty comprehensive list about the compounds in Jeddah, the facilities they have and contact details.

Prices will vary - but the ones already given are a good indication for most of the compounds. If you want cheaper you would need to look at apartments that are off-compound and private rental.

Some companies have an arrangement with the compounds - so its always worth asking the employer if they will help you find accommodation.

Can I ask? Are these rates per month?

No per year.

ziza011 wrote:

Can I ask? Are these rates per month?

LOL what?  Just think, a 2 bedroom for a million a year?  We are talking about renting a 2-bed apartment, not purchasing it, neither renting a palace.  How would the compounds be full if those were the prices, who would be stupid enough (individuals or employers) to pay that much???

you have to remember all the rates are in SAR, Then convert to whatever currency you are using in your county to compare. My husband is going to Jeddah for two years. We are not travelling as our kids are in High School/College.
Can anyone suggest a good western compound that has one bedroomed apartments/Villas please?

Hi dierdreblake, I just sent you a message... check your inbox!

Thanks,

as soon as his details are verified by the Saudi Embassy in Ireland I will contact you if we have not already found suitable accomodation though his employer.

Can i have your business contact number. So that i can contact you . Thank you.