Your best business development ideas in Saudi Arabia

If i am not considering the present economic situation in the KSA, i would say retail is a good idea.

1. You can either sell products for a commission or brand an existing range of product, which are abundantly available and create an identity, this can be done in most of the technology products, or fashion related products.

2. There is another business model i have been thinking of a way to launch, Shipping fulfillment business just like Fetchr, concentrated in one cities primarily, probably Jeddah or riyadh and grow, it has good demand in the middle east right now, and in the future of course.

3. A used products marketplace, probably one like dubizzle or olx, i know there are much, but still people are using expatriates.com classifieds mostly. If properly marketed and designed, it has potential.

4. The best of them all, An online phone repair business, i know the present situation in saudi arabia is not good for mobile phone industry, and this kind of get the phone - service - get paid - give it back to the customer as a cash on delivery or cash prepaid will have good potential, if properly marketed. I did have a website structure for this, unfortunately, i did not want to break the law by employing a non-saudi guy as technician.

Of course, the Saudi Economy is struggling now, investing heavy by expatriates is not a good idea as wide Saudization is going on.

its difficult to give an idea in this situation. all the market is down.. every one is facing problems with payment. even if we want to open a small shop . we will have to invest money in fire. because expenses behind it will make your mind upside down. now even to renew the iqama(resident permit) itself is very expensive. in this situation its not a good idea to invest a single riyal ..

Hi,
Now there is no any business is profitable in Saudi Aarabia,as it facing financial crisis.You can anaylise with SWOT.
Strength
1-No Tax
2-Wide market

Weakness and Treats
1-Nobody can start a business without a Saudi's name(Except Investment Visa)
2-At any Time he will capture your business.Your money will loose
3-As a Lady,you do not have any freedom to go anywhere else in Saudi
4-As Pray closing time your working hours will loose 2-3 hours per day
5-Thieves and Burgles are very high comparing with any other country.
6-Police  totally inefficient to take action against this social enemies.
7-We can not predict policy of Government.At any time they will make a law against your business.
8-Tomorrow they will Saudiazed your business.
8-As recession,they have /will increased fees for all Governmental proceedings.

BE CAREFUL .......DO NOT LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

No Business at all in Saudi Arabia (for foreigner), how you can imagine to have a good business where you are not owner after all what you used (Capital) in your business?
Are you not aware what happening around? Ever mobile shops Saudi's owner , where those people gone who spent there 25+ years to develop their business and now govt. let Saudi's sit on their shops? their is no security for foreigner in this country to have any kind of business.

Shams.clt29 wrote:

Hi,
Now there is no any business is profitable in Saudi Aarabia,as it facing financial crisis.You can anaylise with SWOT.
Strength
1-No Tax
2-Wide market

Weakness and Treats
1-Nobody can start a business without a Saudi's name(Except Investment Visa)
2-At any Time he will capture your business.Your money will loose
3-As a Lady,you do not have any freedom to go anywhere else in Saudi
4-As Pray closing time your working hours will loose 2-3 hours per day
5-Thieves and Burgles are very high comparing with any other country.
6-Police  totally inefficient to take action against this social enemies.
7-We can not predict policy of Government.At any time they will make a law against your business.
8-Tomorrow they will Saudiazed your business.
8-As recession,they have /will increased fees for all Governmental proceedings.

BE CAREFUL .......DO NOT LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

100% Agreed Brother.

I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but you should seriously review your comments before hitting that send button. Most thiefs in the world? I am almost certain that is not even near to the truth. In fact, I just did a Google search and there isn't even 1 Arab country on ANYTHING source'software top 10 list of countries with the most theft. Seriously, check your facts before hitting send.

The government will change the laws to make you lose your business? What rock did you crawl out from under? What government would willfully get in the way of any business that is helping the countries economy grow?? Very intelligent of you...

Lose 2-3 hours of business because of prayer? That's ridiculous. The maximum prayer time is 30-35 minutes (Isha) prayer and the others are about 20 minutes. Not including Fajr of course, that equates to a total amount of MAAAAAYBE just over 1.5 hours, which is not so bad when you consider you're doing it for a better cause.

Women don't have the freedom to go where they please? If you don't have a driver, you have UBER or CAREEM, and they're relatively cheap. I don't understand why almost everyone has to be such a negative Nelly.

Do your part, reap what you get from your hard work and let everyone else get their share of the pie. Don't hate, and spread negativity just because you don't have the cajonas to do it yourself!

One Love...

:top:

:top:

Dear ,

Can you go Saudi Arabian street with your mobile? Even noon at 12 pm,some thieves will come with sword or Gun and doing burglary.
I think you do not read news paper daily.
First YOU  read news papers Daily .Every day 5-50 cases are reporting even in Capital city.

I  mean that another Gulf country.
If you read NEWS PAPER daily all your doubt will clear.
Government made law against Mobile shops.Next Mini Markets....next...

Shams.clt29 wrote:

Dear ,

Can you go Saudi Arabian street with your mobile? Even noon at 12 pm,some thieves will come with sword or Gun and doing burglary.
First YOU  read news papers Daily .Every day 5-50 cases are reporting even in Capital city.

OMG really ? Sword ? wow...I hope with my ninja training I can battle these thieves...kill bill style

Smokey83 wrote:

I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but you should seriously review your comments before hitting that send button. Most thiefs in the world? I am almost certain that is not even near to the truth. In fact, I just did a Google search and there isn't even 1 Arab country on ANYTHING source'software top 10 list of countries with the most theft. Seriously, check your facts before hitting send.

The government will change the laws to make you lose your business? What rock did you crawl out from under? What government would willfully get in the way of any business that is helping the countries economy grow?? Very intelligent of you...

Lose 2-3 hours of business because of prayer? That's ridiculous. The maximum prayer time is 30-35 minutes (Isha) prayer and the others are about 20 minutes. Not including Fajr of course, that equates to a total amount of MAAAAAYBE just over 1.5 hours, which is not so bad when you consider you're doing it for a better cause.

Women don't have the freedom to go where they please? If you don't have a driver, you have UBER or CAREEM, and they're relatively cheap. I don't understand why almost everyone has to be such a negative Nelly.

Do your part, reap what you get from your hard work and let everyone else get their share of the pie. Don't hate, and spread negativity just because you don't have the cajonas to do it yourself!

One Love...

Dear Brother,

I agreed with you too, but it's all opinions which came from different people upon their experience due to what happen to them during their stayed here.

I explore everything in Saudi Arabia each and every point of view since 2003 I am here, I find lot's of positive points and negative too, overall in Business point of view this country is not that good, unless you are not having assure from govt. with reasonable agreement for fix period. So at least you can have peace of mind there will be no change until next agreement, but if you have no security at all what rules will be introducing or applying next morning than I don't think so it's safe to do any business.

hamudi wrote:
Shams.clt29 wrote:

Dear ,

OMG really ? Sword ? wow...I hope with my ninja training I can battle these thieves...kill bill style

These cases happen in old areas, like Bawadi, Banimalik, Baghdadia, etc.. there is nothing surprise for me, it's happen to me while passing Prince palace with taxi front of Souq Shati, security guard stop us and grab my new tablet i shouted and he said not allowed taxi here to pass, while i saw lot's of cars passing by us and no one give attention at all while i was shouting, they grab my tablet, not even street guys, it done by Prince security guards, I went to police station and when they hear it's done by Prince villa security guard they shut their mouth and kick me out and say sorry you are wrong. So sad.

This Gentle Man does not Read News paper or watching news in TV .that is why he is telling like this.Most of our Expats are like this.They create some imagination from Rumors and Prejudices.They do not have much time to read news paper and watching news.
I have also bad experience.
I go to Police station to complaint.but they want to show the burglar to arrest them.ha ha ha.

Again, I don't know what you are referring to and what areas you are talking about. In general though, this country in specific is one of the safest to go out in late at night.

People robbing you with swords? Never heard of that, but either way, crime happens everywhere, & you would be complaining the same way if you were in the US, Europe or anywhere else you might think is safe but in reality is much worse.

As for the mobile shops. Why is it such a problem to let natural born citizens to have a chance at work? The reason this is happening is because of how corrupt the system has beeen that foreigners much like you and myself, had been taking advantage of loop holes since immigrants started coming to this country. Just recently, the country is feeling the effects. Why isn't it a problem when the US talks about immigrants taking their jobs? It's ridiculous to think it's not fair that a government wouldn't give its natural born citizens a fighting chance. Whether the citizens had been conditioned to not work these kinds of jobs is a whole other issues, but you certainly should not take issue with regular citizens looking to make a living for their families. And if those shop owners were truly business savy, they would find a way to make it work with these Saudis that have to work in the shops, & still make money...like I said earlier, take your share of the pie and stop whining about it when someone else gets theirs.

If you read news paper daily ,you never tell like that.Saudi is Safest Country.Did you visit any other country in your life?at least visit Dubai please.I do not argue America is safest,but ..better law and order,quick solutions are finding there.
I am not against job for citizens.I am also supporting.I do not want tell more about  Jasmine revolution.

I advise you READ NEWS PAPER Daily...

I conclude here my discussion.
As an Saudi Expact my Fundamental rights are banned here.So I  do not have freedom of Expression,I  do not have freedom of Speech. I  do not have freedom of write.
But They give me Love and Effection and Freedom of earn.They have given me Food.They have given me House.So Thanks to Saudi.Love Saudi.

I'm on arabnews dot com front page headlines

China to help KSA battle terrorism....
something about Sudanese twins
KACST to host IT seminar

so if I make out of these headlines, I'll conclude that Chinese is trying to steal the market with Sudanese twins by hosting seminar at KACST

Damnnnnnn....what's next dragon warriors ....

Shams.clt29 wrote:

Dear ,

Ohh My brother you are telling all these by reading news paper only??? OMG you never visit Saudi Arabia and telling like a wordsmith. I am hare is saudi arabia for three years never my phone is stolen never saw gun on me. yes i saw them so many times to help me to reach hare and there with there own car without any money. when a man and woman fall in problem i saw them how to help by giving money. I dont know how many country you are visited but i already visited 6 country and found Saudi Arabia is the best to co- operate with people and peaceful country also. For ladies yes without driver they cant go anywhere and for your knowledge at KSA Rape is the lowest in the world so the most safe country for ladies .May be you read also in news paper that for 4 Waqt Salah need 3 hours??? use your brain dont feed yourself by  News paper only.

shayemur.rahaman wrote:

Ohh My brother you are telling all these by reading news paper only??? OMG you never visit Saudi Arabia and telling like a wordsmith. I have hare is saudi arabia for three years never my phone is stolen never saw gun on me. yes i saw them so many times to help me to reach hare and there without any money. I dont know how many country you are visited but i already visited 6 country and found Saudi arabia is the best to co- operate with people and peaceful country also. may be you read also in news paper that for 4 waqt salah need 3 hours??? use your brain dont feed yourself by  News paper feeder only.

OMG pls read newspaper ... i'm learning a lot about KSA that I haven't learned in my whole life

Did u know that Justin Bieber performed a free concert...

shayemur.rahaman wrote:

Ohh My brother you are telling all these by reading news paper only??? OMG you never visit Saudi Arabia and telling like a wordsmith. I have hare is saudi arabia for three years never my phone is stolen never saw gun on me. yes i saw them so many times to help me to reach hare and there without any money. I dont know how many country you are visited but i already visited 6 country and found Saudi arabia is the best to co- operate with people and peaceful country also. may be you read also in news paper that for 4 waqt salah need 3 hours??? use your brain dont feed yourself by  News paper feeder only.

OMG pls read newspaper ... i'm learning a lot about KSA that I haven't learned in my whole life

Did u know that Justin Bieber performed a free concert in the west...

Hi to every one
Come on if anybody like to investment in Saudi Arabia.
       Why investment in Saudi Arabia?
1  Free of taxes
2   very peaceful country
3.  Low rate of energy  electric per unit 0.05 riyal ,disel and petrol also cheep.
4 No thief and doco law very tough rule against all persons who involved in illegal activities.
Only necessary for you come on business visa ,if u like enter this country Labour trade and enjoyed as a businessman than your wrong and illegal pls develop your thought .its  better than greedy mind which cause yours loss .

muhammad hafeez khan wrote:

Hi to every one
Come on if anybody like to investment in Saudi Arabia.
       Why investment in Saudi Arabia?
1  Free of taxes
2   very peaceful country
3.  Low rate of energy  electric per unit 0.05 riyal ,disel and petrol also cheep.
4 No thief and doco law very tough rule against all persons who involved in illegal activities.
Only necessary for you come on business visa ,if u like enter this country Labour trade and enjoyed as a businessman than your wrong and illegal pls develop your thought .its  better than greedy mind which cause yours loss .

Pls read newspapers. Swords. Guns. Theifs. Rape. God knows what.

And now Sudanese twins working with Chinese.

Lord save me

Because errizq ala الله , if u have an idea do it and if u have an extra one or know someone who succeeded u can help with!!! That's it r u afraid of concurrence!!  U r innocent and heart sick
Seriously it's better sometimes not to say anything sir!