Are you happy in Saudi Arabia?

swine flu already ;p

hamudi wrote:
rareshine wrote:

sooner or later i'm brining my tesla in sha Allaah! sucka!

can't wait for pigs to fly . . . :D

xo

Expats direction become less focusing on Saudi looking to what's happening in work market in Saudi.

fattia7400 wrote:

not happy at all .. specially recent year with bad circumstances in the job market in Saudi .
my husband has been a year now with no income and we are planing to leave Saudi Arabia ..

Agree, its going to worst in all perspectives special jobs market for expats, also we start feeling the reduction happening in live quality around us, for example mobile market today become v. bad

Nope. I'm not happy at all. I've only spent 5 days here and I'm very disappointed by the arrogance and rudeness of most Saudis at my school.

I wish I could go home,  but I need the money.

swazichick wrote:

Nope. I'm not happy at all. I've only spent 5 days here and I'm very disappointed by the arrogance and rudeness of most Saudis at my school.

This is the life here, after some time you will feel better and these things will be like normal...

That makes it even worse.
I thought it was a universal rule to treat others with respect...but really some people missed the bus there.

I'm completely depressed

I get that people have bad personality traits in our society. But I never expected a whole community to have such...oh my.

swazichick wrote:

I thought it was a universal rule to treat others with respect...but really some people missed the bus there.

I'm completely depressed

I get that people have bad personality traits in our society. But I never expected a whole community to have such...oh my.

I am still sure that after sometime  you will beleive that a lot of locals looks only aggressive but tge fact its nature not behavior

I consider myself to be an optimistic person, I believe in looking on the bright side of life But do I'm happy with my life in Saudi Arabia ? As a girl absolutely NO.

you're in tabuk, i'm in taif, these smaller cities are a bit of a drag for women, i'd agree. however, still happy walhamdulillaah

i find riyadh and jeddah way easier especially after emergence of careem and uber everything is accessible

Happiness is an attitude. You can never be happy anywhere if you can't find it within yourself.
Specifically talking about Saudi Arabia, yes if one is treated with equality of rights and justice.

:top:

No...

So much happiness attitude one can have, the environment impacts on ones happiness also not just attitude

Happiness is a state of mind, it's definitely what you make about Saudi that will effect your mood. You can go to the best place on earth and you will find that you not happy.
I must however admit that Saudi isn't an easy country to live in but then again go out on weekends go and make a barbecue read a book whilst alone in the desert.
We have started doing silly things for argument a barbeque in the middle of nowhere and yea it make a difference.

So many philosophers here. Keep it up

swazichick wrote:

Don't worried, we are use to it. Try to adjust your self and divert your attention into your hobbies, sports, outing, friends gathering, mall, shopping, watch movies, cooking, etc., Inshallah you will find some positive track to stay longer.

Shemsa wrote:

So much happiness attitude one can have, the environment impacts on ones happiness also not just attitude

Nice to know that you are happy here.  :D:one

swazichick wrote:

I'm completely depressed

I visited your country, and i find out there is quiet similar situation if i compare to Saudi Arabia. But till people are not that rude and have freedom.

50/50

How about you , how do you looks like ? Iooks aggressive or natural. Unfortunately, some ppl they disseminate wrong information for no reasons. .specially some arab do that.  I do not know why
Anyway , she just arrived in a few days. Always the beginning is hard everywhere. Also is   different culture.  The Generalization is bad .
And we know you are here for mony , you don't need to tell us .

I need money you help me

Royal mm wrote:

How about you , how do you looks like ? Iooks aggressive or natural. Unfortunately, some ppl they disseminate wrong information for no reasons. .specially some arab do that.  I do not know why
Anyway , she just arrived in a few days. Always the beginning is hard everywhere. Also is   different culture.  The Generalization is bad .
And we know you are here for mony , you don't need to tell us .

Habibi. English pls.

Okay.  Translate it  Mr. English

Royal mm wrote:

My first language is Arabic.

hamudi wrote:
Royal mm wrote:

really hamuds !!!! ;););)  should have guessed with the thick accent you put up at times.

HRGuru wrote:
hamudi wrote:
Royal mm wrote:

really hamuds !!!! ;););)  should have guessed with the thick accent you put up at times.

Lololol wait till you hear my accent in person :P

I'm happy here with fear..of course it is better from my home country from a lot of point of views:
1) insurance
2) medication
3) income against expenses
But I'm feeling some fears that what decisions will be taken against us as expats.. the companies may say for us "bye bye" at anytime
You cant argue with saudi that easy even if he is wrong
I have no social life here..it is dead..only me and family..no friends no family 😭
But thanks God I like living here and I hope I can stay here forever inshallah

Aboumalek wrote:

I'm happy here with fear..of course it is better from my home country from a lot of point of views:
1) insurance
2) medication
3) income against expenses
But I'm feeling some fears that what decisions will be taken against us as expats.. the companies may say for us "bye bye" at anytime
You cant argue with saudi that easy even if he is wrong
I have no social life here..it is dead..only me and family..no friends no family 😭
But thanks God I like living here and I hope I can stay here forever inshallah

You're lucky you have your family with you :)

It's not a perfect place just like any other country but we can choose to be happy by looking beyond the imperfections and I guess to be prepared that anytime we will be sent home or we will decide to go home.

rareshine wrote:

you're in tabuk, i'm in taif, these smaller cities are a bit of a drag for women, i'd agree. however, still happy walhamdulillaah

i find riyadh and jeddah way easier especially after emergence of careem and uber everything is accessible

I wish i cud try those. But unfortunately my company allows only the company's transports.. sigh..

swazichick wrote:

I'm completely depressed

Totally understand ur frustration. We are in the same boat. But not all Saudis are bad. Some are really helpful and polite though like finding needle in a haystack. Just focus on ur objective of being here. Others dont matter. Keep ur chin up and be strong. Make urself busy with sport activities or work. When i first came here my friends were books i brought from home. But Alhamdulillah things are better now. I have found few good friends to lean for support and share stories n advices. Pretty sure u will someday.

Happy new year to u anyway. InsyaAllah more good things to happen.

nada hayah wrote:
rareshine wrote:

I wish i cud try those. But unfortunately my company allows only the company's transports.. sigh..

Even for personal trip ?

Good afternoon,
Anyone living in Riyadh?

For some reasons, yes I am happy. Not that much though. Nothing is better than living in your own country. The reality is we only come here to work and earn money. The culture is different; not all Saudis are the same.

Yes, Very Very happy indeed.  No doubt about it. Although tough working environment but I am financially stable and have paid my debts /mortgage which I could not imagine to settle while staying in UK at least for next 10 years.

Good for you.
Others are still struggling with their finances. They don't earn that much though.

yes. me live in riyadh. tel me.

Hi.....doctor...
Are u working in moh
I am planning to work ...in moi riyadh give ur valuable advices

I am happy just because God still give chance for me to work here But Of Course I will be more happy if I  am start  my own businesses  & finally work for my Business only not for others

MOH work is tough due to overload otherwise no problem.