Are you happy in Saudi Arabia?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Saudi Arabia? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Saudi Arabia happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

I'm happy, love my cousins, friends, job, family, people of EB.

hi ;
i would like to share my opinion
i am  happy just what i have currently not sure about  future life  whats gonna happen in future .
Saudi Arabia  more going to stick  for foreigners .

Regards

And do you think Saudi Arabians are happy today? Why?

http://g5u.pw/t/hyk

Happiness is an attitude, It's not about where you are located, It's about motivation and goal achievements. From my perspective, I am happy being in Saudi Arabia and I wish to get all dream to be true.

YES. besides happiness is relative term, like life is all about living in gray shade there is nothing black and white in life just gray. living in KSA is a great experience and I gathered vast amount of social/professional/individual experience and I am glad I live here.

and to Priscilla and etc. - what you guys do after collecting all opinions (which is important data) from huge no. of participants, how you guys compile it in a fiscal commodity?.......AM JUST CURIOUS, which one of you sort of admin guys is DATA ENGINEER /SCIENTIST?..

Oh yes I am.

Yes happiness is a State of mind and  Leaving one Place to the better   good of another ,is  an exiting Chance to selfimprovement on all Levels. Physically emptionally and mentally.
to unterstand Immigrants u better be one , and in order to unterstand People mentality here,and specifically here in Riyad , People in jeddah on the sea,or in abha in mountaines are  different, one has to be open and without beeing judgmental
As being a woman, and  from Germany,i fit in a positive way  into People Scala  of categorically applied latent rassism.,but a maid  from ethiopia,isent happy the same way... people hospitality here is great ,in the first place , but if it comes to share and integrate us foreigners in along term , foreigners loose their contentment ,as they face a corrupt and unreliable burocratic system, which definitely in a long term, frustrates foreigners and locals alike.
But generally , and I was around here in Saudi for 17 years ,i perceived that people are happy here with their country , they feel safe and taken care of and indeed everybody here has great possibilities via an educational, system, once used with passion and  a strong will to participate  in the luxury of supporting and creating a healthy  society, people will always be happier, then those outside judging and criticizing and manipulating  without even been here.

Hi

Very Happy in KSA.

:)

Sure I feel very happy being in Saudi Arabia and I think the people living here including expats are the happiest in the world. ....ksa is a great country where life is much easier than rest of the world.....people are friendly and hostile and ready to help anytime anywhere.....no matter who u r ..whee from u came. ..wen it comes to meals or prayers no difference ......all are same and sharing the same mat
...that's the greatest thing wat u never find in the rest of world.....and u enjoy ur life and time here even with family or if u r single also......
For me Saudia is the best country ........

Saudi Arabia is very different from India in terms of social background and is a close culture. Local people are fairly warm with expats and it depends on how one take the things in his stride!

Laws seems to be on side of locals than expats. language is major concern as locals don't speak much of English and without knowing Arabic it is difficult to mingle with them more. so it is a limitation.

things r slow and not much of the things to do without fearing "it can go wrong" .

Work ethics/habits of local people are very different from expats so often this also poses challenges at times when u accept a quick output (as a habit of yr country!) .

There is an unforeseen danger of loosing yr good work ethics/good work practices if one becomes habitual of local work practices here ,specially at where u r employed!

not a place to stay more than 5 years, trick is to have a financial goal , achieve it and go back.

no comment :(

yes i am happy in saudi arabia its cool i really like here but never be like home country

thanks for asking

how about you?

I agree on many of the things about the cultural aspects. For some, Saudi Arabia has a sentimental aspect as well, Makkah and Madinah being there... and many historic places which many chrish to visit at least once in their life time. That's a great thing.

Generally speaking, if we follow the rules and regulations, then it is a wonderful place to live, especially with family. One major hurdle is, limited educational facilities. Good Universities and colleges are difficult to find, and schooling also is a big head ache except the developed cities like Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, etc.

Infrastructure wise, we will just love it. Compared to our country, it is very much developed here. I am referring to the roads espectially. You can go to any corner of the country crossing the desert because of the well built roads. There could be other factors as well like their financial sources and lack of rain, that help them maintain the roads like that. But still, having that is the plus point I wanted to point to.

Interactions between people here, we don't find the kind of mutual relationship we have in our country here. People hug and kiss the Saudi way when they meet which looks really hearty, but when it comes to interacting with others, we may sometimes see some problems somewhere, like they are hesitant or what. May be I am wrong. But when it comes to helping, the natives are open minded. For instance, if your car broke down, then there are chances that at least someone will stop by and help you, which is a great thing. In the scorching heat, you can't stand outside the car for a longer period these days know. It is indeed a great attitude.

End of the day, I am happy being in Saudi, but as someone said, life is not stable for expats. Anything can change any times, and the government look like not much bothered about the expats. ;(

Yes i am happy and satisfied 100% in Saudi Arabia. I am in KSA from last twenty years

Happiness yah sure.  from my openion, I am happy being in Saudi Arabia and I wish to get all dream become  true. but no one see tomorrow....
tnx.

Yes, I am happy with the grace of Allah.

Yes Alhamdulillah i am happy in saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is safe and secure country also Islamic country.foods are all Halal.also Makkah .Madeena is here.
Alhamdulillah

well , not much because of the new role of the government , they are putting more pressure on expacts

Well this question can't be answer in short terms, there is lot's of different fields to discuss where we can raised issues which let us stay here as we are comfort if we compare with our home lands, but other side if we see lot's of new rules and different between race while they are working on same place same jobs but with different packages, well I am not happy here it's make me feel like sweet prison.

yes I'm happy in this country than my home country.

I am living in my host country Saudi Arabia for the past 36 years.  There were ups and downs.  However, myself and my family loves this country and the people most.  They are very good, friendly and helping people.  I learnt a lot from my experience here.  I enjoyed and satisfied every bit of life.  I would love to remain in Saudi Arabia, as I consider this country more than my home-country.

Saudi IS a Good Country But I'm Not feeling here happy  ..... I don't know why
I miss my family very badly ... :(

Hi I am abdulrazzaq from Pakistan work in Saudi Arabia I am not happy in Saudi Arabia no work no money to much problem in Saudi Arabia I need a any job please help me . thanks for all

no

Am not happy, job opportunities are very less for women :(

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes Saudi Arabia is great Islamic Country with Great social and Islamic value..

Here We are treating every women like queen 👑.
We are feeling here much secure.

Law & order properly implemented.
Law and Justice... Accountability  and good governic  is the  main aim of Saudi Government..

And we expectorates are very Satisfied from Government of KSA.

DUE TO recession deflation in oil prices  every country is suffering  so we feel little impact  here not as much as other countries if we compare.

not happy at all .. specially recent year with bad circumstances in the job market in Saudi .
my husband has been a year now with no income and we are planing to leave Saudi Arabia ..

its so so ;)

Where's the party.Anybody in riyadh knows where one can have a dance party :whistle:

yes, i am happy in saudi arabia. I preyd umrah, and ziarah to madinah. I feel lucky.
    I have no job till now. I am b.com.

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

off course I am not happy here but this is life we have to work to save our families, but if I will choose nothing better than my home country Egypt.

extremely happy alhamdulillaah. except when i'm frustrated for not being able to drive a TESLA

rareshine wrote:

extremely happy alhamdulillaah. except when i'm frustrated for not being able to drive a TESLA

Thank goodness for that too...

hamudi wrote:
rareshine wrote:

Thank goodness for that too...

sooner or later i'm brining my tesla in sha Allaah! sucka!

Hello everyone!

First and foremost , happiness is  a peace of mind, has no boundaries, everywhere you go , you can be happy , if you there is nothing bothering you or disturb you.

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take away
I'm a hot air balloon, I could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Here come bad news talking this and that
Yeah, give me all you got, don't hold back
Yeah, well I should probably warn you I'll be just fine
Yeah, no offense to you don't waste your time
Here's why

Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy

Happy, bring me down
Can't nothing, bring me down
Love is too happy to bring me down
I said bring me down
I said

Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy

Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy

Happy, bring me down
I said

Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy

Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy
Because I'm happy

rareshine wrote:

sooner or later i'm brining my tesla in sha Allaah! sucka!

can't wait for pigs to fly . . . :D

xo