Can i find fun in mexico

am asking if there is an fun  interesting place and interesting people in mexico since i was born i have dreamt of speaking spanish can any one help me.above i so much love mexican soap opera being ran in my local stations on my counrty of origin.my people are mad with interest with mexicans movies and drama

no one talking to me?

Welcome to Expat-blog, Montgommery :)

Places to visit in Mexico city:
1. Tula

To reach further back into Mexican history, visit the remains of the Toltec city of Tula, just an hour-and-a-half bus ride from the Terminal del Norte (Autobuses del Valle de Mezquital), then a cab from Tula de Allende, the modern town, will take you to the entrance. The most famous image of Tula is of the giant basalt figures standing on top of the Templo Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli or the Temple of the Morning Star. Known as the Atlantes they represent Quetzalcoatl as the morning star dressed as a Toltec warrior.

2. Teotihuacán

Situated 50km (30 miles) north of Mexico City is the archaeological zone of Teotihuacán, a UNESCO World Heritage spot. This site is thought to date from around 300-600 BC but the identity of those who built the ‘place of the gods' still remains a mystery. Teotihuacán was a functioning city and one of the largest of the pre-industrial world. It was also one of the more politically dominant cities, owing to its strategic location in the Valley of Mexico, which provided easy access to trade routes and communication. In the seventh century AD, a fire and subsequent looting caused a great exodus of its inhabitants and Teotihuacán was left abandoned.

There are three main site areas: the Ciudadela (Citadel), Pirámide del Sol (Pyramid of the Sun), Pirámide de la Luna (Pyramid of the Moon) - all connected by the Calzada de los Muertos (Avenue of the Dead). To see the site properly takes between five and eight hours and it is open daily 0800-1700.

Buses marked ‘Los Pirámides' depart from Gate 8 of the Terminal del Norte and take about an hour.

3.Paseo de la Reforma

Dubbed the Champs Elysées because of its Parisian-style architectural influences, the Paseo de la Reforma is Mexico City's main boulevard and most prestigious address. Running from Alameda to Chapultepec Park, it is lined with shops, offices, hotels, restaurants and some modern skyscrapers that are home to multinational corporations, financial institutions and foreign embassies. Monuments, fountains and statues of Mexican heroes also hem the route, built as a direct path for the Emperor Maximilian between the Centro Histórico and his palace in Chapultepec Park. Particularly worthy of note is El Monumento a los Heroes de la Independencia (Monument to Independence), or Angelito as it is affectionately known, a gilded statue of a winged Victory set atop a 46m-high (150ft) column. In 1956, the statue toppled to the ground in an earthquake, but was completely restored, much to the relief of the Mexican people. Displayed inside the monument is the skull of Hidalgo, the executed leader of a group of rebels who rose against the Spanish in October 1810 (open daily 0900-1700, free). To the south of the Paseo, bounded by Reforma, Sevilla, Avenida Chapultepec and Avenida Insurgentes Sur, is La Zona Rosa (Pink Zone), a busy shopping and entertainment district with many stores, restaurants and nightclubs.

Mexico city also has many interesting events taking place :

1.Day of the Virgin of Guadalupe

One of the many religious celebrations honouring the Virgin Mary. On the Day of the Virgin of Guadalupe, pilgrims from around the country converge at the famous basilica in Mexico City to pay their respects. The devotees come to the church to see the revered shroud which holds the image of Mary, which is on display here. Celebrations are also held in Puerto Vallarta and San Cristobal las Casas where Tzotzil and Tzeltal Indians dress in traditional costumes to pay their respects to the Virgin. The celebrations include special masses, fireworks, processions, parades and live music.

2. Semana Santa (Holy Week)
Crowds swell for this powerful re-enactment of the crucifixion when hooded penitents hobble on bloodied knees flagellating themselves.

This is to give you a basic idea of interesting places for sightseeing and events taking place there.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Sheetul

HI there - you might be overwhelmed by the big city but if you are already in Mexico you should be starting to realize that Mexico is one of the most fun places on the planet, any excuse for a fiesta is fine and the bigger the better, is their policy - There are lots of colorful processions with marimba bands and dancing and you name it - although a smaller city might feel more welcoming to you. But there is lots to do and see - There are also many buses to Chalma, the Lourdes of Mexico - amazing - and collective taxis (cheap) on to Malinalco, which is beautiful, with wonderful Aztec temples - You can do that on a day trip, you can also go to Puebla on a day trip and visit the ruins nearby - They have dancing in the square on Sunday, lovely - The bus ride is pretty too - Mexicans are generally sweet people so if you go out and mix a bit and enjoy the food you should be able to have warm contacts with people - good luck! Jean