Moving to the Netherlands with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to the Netherlands with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in the Netherlands?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Just want to say, think twice if the effort is worth the risk of threat to the family unit. Big chance of breakup if any internal or external stressor come. That's my experience.

Sorry to hear that but it can happen everywhere on any time and is not specific for settlement into the Netherlands.

Our biggest challenge was with the schools.  As this was our second relocation, we felt that keeping the kids in an international curriculum was important.  Aside from the fact that most of the schools were full, we had issues related to finding learning support for our children who both have learning disabilities.  So make sure to do your due diligence regarding SEN services if you need them!!

Hi

Think the Dutch bureaucracy can drive me nuts.  So bring loads of patience with you. My other struggle has been making new friends. The Dutch are not open for us expats.

Any thing you like to know or need advice on send me a private message. 

Good luck!!