How good is Dordrecht

Hi,

I have a job opening in Dordrecht. I want to know how is life after moving here for expats.

I am from India. Will be moving with my wife.

I heard that there would be hatred for expat communities in some regions!!

I want to find out how is this place.

Thanks!

Hi there!

I am an American living in Dordrecht with my Dutch husband and our two kids.  I must say that I enjoy this city very much!  It's a smaller city and great for younger families.  It's really easy to get around, and everything is close by.  Also, it is pretty centrally located and easily accessible to larger cities here in NL such as Rotterdam, Utrecht, Amterdam, The Hague, etc. 

Hope that helps!  If you have any other questions, feels free to ask!  :)

Hi There..

I am working and staying with my fmaily in dordrecht.. i am from India too actually from hyderabad..

Dordrecht is a nice city.. close by to rotterdam

It has a good market where you can get all the necessary goods.
it is quite safe from family point of view.

feel free to contact us for any information and it will be great to meet you in dordrecht..

Cheers
Pranav

Hi all,
I am moving from Denmark to a Dutch ship design company located in Rotterdam (anyway I am Italian).
Due to logistic reasons, my main searching is focused in Dordrecht.
Can anybody tell me how easy is to get Schiphol airport from Dordrecht central station?
Many thanks.
Fabio.

Welcome on board Fabio  :cheers:

There goes several trains every hour from Schiphol to Dordrecht CS so its very easy to reach.

Many thanks,
I am actually looking for a flat in Dordrecht (max. 900 euro/month)
Anybody has some advice? Good website? Opportunities?
Thanks in advance.
Fabio.

I just checked the NS website.  It's just over an hour on the train; but it's an Inter-City route, so tickets will be a little bit more expensive on those trains.  The non Inter-City trains stop everywhere and take 2 hours to get there; so that's a 4 hour commute every day!!!

Accommodation; I'd advise using something like AirBnB to find yourself something you can get into quick at pretty low-cost, then you can try the Housing Associations to find somewhere more permanent.  I've made it sound simple, it's not, even as an EU citizen their are some formalities (registration) to do so that you can access things like a bank account, doctor etc.  Don't forget Health Insurance (circa €150 p/month for Dentist and Doctor); you can't use your home country emergency system if you are living in the country.

What would be the cost of living for a couple in dordrecht??

Megha Kabboor wrote:

What would be the cost of living for a couple in dordrecht??

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Numbeo website has the information you're asking for; this link will take you there.  The data is always 6 months behind the curve, so you'll need to factor that the prices will be a bit more than described.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Well the last couple of years the chance to find a house in Dordrecht is very very small. The housing market is stuck. My advice would be to look in Zwijndrecht, H.I. Ambacht, Papendrecht. The chance to find a place to live is much better and it is still very close to Dordrecht.