Is your Nationality the key to get high salary in any company?

Eng.Saudi wrote:
Akprince wrote:

This is not the lesson of ISLAM what's going on, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said ''No different between, Arab or Ajam, White or Black, Rich or Poor, every one is same'' , you will not find this different in US, Australia, Canadan, ..etc...

Who says it should be according to Islam? You? Why do you think you as Muslim should have special treatment in Saudi Arabia? and why do many Muslims look at Saudi Arabia as if it was some sort of caliphate to the degree of lecturing us if they were disappoinment afterwards for not finding their Islamic fanatasy here? Don't you know that there are many non-muslim immigrants too? Didn't you do your home work and read about the country and the laws of work here before arriving? Saudi Arabia is nation of state, we have our laws and you either agree on it before arriving or if you don't like it perhaps go to another Islamic country where they can offer this equality you're speaking about?

Canada, Australia, UK, NZ..etc. are not Islamic by the way, they're western and have 'western' values\ laws. Which Islamic countries have adapted to human rights like these western countries? None.
Saudis themselves are paid less than many Arab nationalities for the same job and sometimes Saudis have better qualifcations (my friend's sister is an example, studied French language, graduted from top-rated Canadian university, found a job, was paid less than her foriegn expat collegue who have high school diploma) and aren't offered health insurance and \ or  transportation allowance. Being a muslim doesn't mean you should be having special privileges in Saudi Arabia or else.
This whole heirechial salaries thing is obviosuly unfair, harmful (to citizens as much to non-citizens) and it need not to be like this for many reasons which I can't explain here. I can understand that they need to pay people from developed countries more to attract them to come and work here, espically westerners as they're going to sacrifiec alot of their lifestyle and freedom for a while and to be honest they truly do have a good work ethics and come in small numbers, can teach us alot. In the contrary, I've seen many lousy workers coming from Arab countries with poor work ethics, cheat, lie, bully Saudis to quit their jobs and have atronmical salaries whilst many good workers with excellent work ethics from supossdly 'less developed' asian countries are paid less, I'd go so far as to say that the Filppino expats are of the best we have in Saudi Arabia.

Overall, as Saudi Arabian myself, I support equal payment, not based on religious affliations, rather based on actual qualifactions. But my ultimate wish is to see us working from garbage collectors, taxi drivers to CEOs just like it was once the norm prior to oil boom 1975.

Side note: I've studided Islam my whole life and that hadith you qouted doesn't speak about work\state laws. It is a totally diffrent matter\ meaning. Also, Canada, Australia, USA are all anglophone, new world countries. You pay taxes there and you're needed as immigrant to support the economy of industrialized country. Comparing us to them is incorrect in so many ways. Why don't you compare us to other Islamic \ Arabic countries? Can I as Saudi Arabian move to your country and be treated EXACTLY like the citizens or have higher salary than the locals just because I'm Muslim? I doubt it.

Well what I show up ''Hadees'' it's meaning of that Hadees, not exactly all what Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said, other side I am not comparing Muslim or Non-Muslim, I am trying to open up equalization for everyone, without any race.

Well if you asking about my self I always say thanks to Allah what I have, I speak for those people are suffering here but can't able to raised their voice because your country laws will go against them not in favor at all. For your kind information there is companies and free lancer sponsors are playing with employees (not all but how many companies i know are same)

'' First contract sponsor will forward to agency, employee will read and agree on it,'' Got it
Once he arrived here, sponsor asking you to sign job offer base on company laws (it's not your country laws) and that job offer is totally different then what show you in home land the time you agreed on it.
It's happen front of me with all those employees we brought from Filipine, now they have no choice, because they spent lot's of money to come here.

lot's of cases happen here, my brother no harm feeling, but if you find what's happening here, go some poor towns, where people living hardly to survive their life maximum hand to mouth, after all they are suffering with kafeel.

My own very first cuzn, almost work with one kafeel for 3 years and done 2 projects and handover to client, kafeel have to pay him 35K his balance money, 1 year gone he keep hiding from him, answer is always i am not here or not there, when my cuzn ask finally i will go labor office to complain, then his kafeel did with his personal relation with some govt. people ''Called him ''Haroob'' I am sure you know what's that mean, once he reach labor office they said your kafeel said you are haroob, now you can't claim any money at all... ''I think topic will go more deep'' leave this

I am sure you are well educated and good man with kind heart, but remember no one perfect neither me, but what's going on here Allah knows better than me and you... I accepted and adjust with that and say always thanks to my Allah, and He full fill my need with His blessing. May Allah Bless everyone.

hamudi wrote:

Oh boy, here we go again :D

And interesting last point, I wonder what the Pakistanis will do if Saudis move there to work...

Well as I said everyone not same, you will find bad and good people everywhere, so what you did with others, you may find front of you soon.

Even Indonesia for that matter ... and a whole other bunch of countries

Akprince wrote:
Eng.Saudi wrote:
Akprince wrote:

This is not the lesson of ISLAM what's going on, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said ''No different between, Arab or Ajam, White or Black, Rich or Poor, every one is same'' , you will not find this different in US, Australia, Canadan, ..etc...

Who says it should be according to Islam? You? Why do you think you as Muslim should have special treatment in Saudi Arabia? and why do many Muslims look at Saudi Arabia as if it was some sort of caliphate to the degree of lecturing us if they were disappoinment afterwards for not finding their Islamic fanatasy here? Don't you know that there are many non-muslim immigrants too? Didn't you do your home work and read about the country and the laws of work here before arriving? Saudi Arabia is nation of state, we have our laws and you either agree on it before arriving or if you don't like it perhaps go to another Islamic country where they can offer this equality you're speaking about?

Canada, Australia, UK, NZ..etc. are not Islamic by the way, they're western and have 'western' values\ laws. Which Islamic countries have adapted to human rights like these western countries? None.
Saudis themselves are paid less than many Arab nationalities for the same job and sometimes Saudis have better qualifcations (my friend's sister is an example, studied French language, graduted from top-rated Canadian university, found a job, was paid less than her foriegn expat collegue who have high school diploma) and aren't offered health insurance and \ or  transportation allowance. Being a muslim doesn't mean you should be having special privileges in Saudi Arabia or else.
This whole heirechial salaries thing is obviosuly unfair, harmful (to citizens as much to non-citizens) and it need not to be like this for many reasons which I can't explain here. I can understand that they need to pay people from developed countries more to attract them to come and work here, espically westerners as they're going to sacrifiec alot of their lifestyle and freedom for a while and to be honest they truly do have a good work ethics and come in small numbers, can teach us alot. In the contrary, I've seen many lousy workers coming from Arab countries with poor work ethics, cheat, lie, bully Saudis to quit their jobs and have atronmical salaries whilst many good workers with excellent work ethics from supossdly 'less developed' asian countries are paid less, I'd go so far as to say that the Filppino expats are of the best we have in Saudi Arabia.

Overall, as Saudi Arabian myself, I support equal payment, not based on religious affliations, rather based on actual qualifactions. But my ultimate wish is to see us working from garbage collectors, taxi drivers to CEOs just like it was once the norm prior to oil boom 1975.

Side note: I've studided Islam my whole life and that hadith you qouted doesn't speak about work\state laws. It is a totally diffrent matter\ meaning. Also, Canada, Australia, USA are all anglophone, new world countries. You pay taxes there and you're needed as immigrant to support the economy of industrialized country. Comparing us to them is incorrect in so many ways. Why don't you compare us to other Islamic \ Arabic countries? Can I as Saudi Arabian move to your country and be treated EXACTLY like the citizens or have higher salary than the locals just because I'm Muslim? I doubt it.

Well what I show up ''Hadees'' it's meaning of that Hadees, not exactly all what Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said, other side I am not comparing Muslim or Non-Muslim, I am trying to open up equalization for everyone, without any race.

Well if you asking about my self I always say thanks to Allah what I have, I speak for those people are suffering here but can't able to raised their voice because your country laws will go against them not in favor at all. For your kind information there is companies and free lancer sponsors are playing with employees (not all but how many companies i know are same)

'' First contract sponsor will forward to agency, employee will read and agree on it,'' Got it
Once he arrived here, sponsor asking you to sign job offer base on company laws (it's not your country laws) and that job offer is totally different then what show you in home land the time you agreed on it.
It's happen front of me with all those employees we brought from Filipine, now they have no choice, because they spent lot's of money to come here.

lot's of cases happen here, my brother no harm feeling, but if you find what's happening here, go some poor towns, where people living hardly to survive their life maximum hand to mouth, after all they are suffering with kafeel.

My own very first cuzn, almost work with one kafeel for 3 years and done 2 projects and handover to client, kafeel have to pay him 35K his balance money, 1 year gone he keep hiding from him, answer is always i am not here or not there, when my cuzn ask finally i will go labor office to complain, then his kafeel did with his personal relation with some govt. people ''Called him ''Haroob'' I am sure you know what's that mean, once he reach labor office they said your kafeel said you are haroob, now you can't claim any money at all... ''I think topic will go more deep'' leave this

I am sure you are well educated and good man with kind heart, but remember no one perfect neither me, but what's going on here Allah knows better than me and you... I accepted and adjust with that and say always thanks to my Allah, and He full fill my need with His blessing. May Allah Bless everyone.

I'm not a man. These workers very well know what would happen to them before they go, through word of mouth and so on. Still they come here since they believe it would bring them a better life when they come back with the money saved. They have seen others do it, and so are more than willing to take the risk since in their own countries they're treated worse and for less payment. Does that mean I like or support the laws here or these people (both Saudis and non-Saudis) who exploit them? No, I made it clear, I am all for equality of payment, specific work hours and believe it or not, many Saudis are against the kafeel system or VISA blackmarket.  Equal payment can help us as much as others in the long run. What I can't understand what does Islam have to do with it? You act as if Saudi Arabia is about the only Islamic country that has discrimination and all the rest are nice, civilised and dandy when we both know that it isn't true.

Eng.Saudi wrote:
Akprince wrote:
Eng.Saudi wrote:

I'm not a man. These workers very well know what would happen to them before they go, through word of mouth and so on. Still they go since they believe it would bring them a better life when they come back with the money saved. They have seen others do it, and so are more than willing to take the risk since in their own countries they're treated worse and paid less. Does that mean I like or support the laws or these people who exploit them? No, I made it clear, I am all for equality of payment, specific work hours and believe it or not, many Saudis are against the kafeel system or VISA blackmarket.  Equal payment can help us as much as others in the long run. But I can't understand what does Islam have to do with it? You act as if Saudi Arabia is about the only Islamic country that has discrimination and all the rest are nice, civilised and dandy and we both know that it isn't true.

Well I never said only about Saudi Arabia, I am working here so I raised this issue, but I agreed with it there is no one perfect, every country have lot's of similar issues. Yes I agreed with you they came here for better because their own countries not giving them that much, so of curse everyone come across the river for better. Hope Saudi Govt. will take any good action against kafeel's and control everything in their hand so people will not suffer.

Akprince wrote:
Eng.Saudi wrote:
Akprince wrote:

I'm not a man. These workers very well know what would happen to them before they go, through word of mouth and so on. Still they go since they believe it would bring them a better life when they come back with the money saved. They have seen others do it, and so are more than willing to take the risk since in their own countries they're treated worse and paid less. Does that mean I like or support the laws or these people who exploit them? No, I made it clear, I am all for equality of payment, specific work hours and believe it or not, many Saudis are against the kafeel system or VISA blackmarket.  Equal payment can help us as much as others in the long run. But I can't understand what does Islam have to do with it? You act as if Saudi Arabia is about the only Islamic country that has discrimination and all the rest are nice, civilised and dandy and we both know that it isn't true.

Well I never said only about Saudi Arabia, I am working here so I raised this issue, but I agreed with it there is no one perfect, every country have lot's of similar issues. Yes I agreed with you they came here for better because their own countries not giving them that much, so of curse everyone come across the river for better. Hope Saudi Govt. will take any good action against kafeel's and control everything in their hand so people will not suffer.

I hope so.  It will be better for all parties as I previously said (excluding Bourgeois Saudis lol).

Eng.Saudi wrote:

But I can't understand what does Islam have to do with it?

That's the punch-line. I can't agree more.

There are two things; religion and nationalism. There is a fine line between them. Countries are run on the later. If we clearly understand what's what and what's needed when, many riddles will solve.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Eng.Saudi wrote:

There are two things; religion and nationalism. There is a fine line between them. Countries are run on the later. If we clearly understand what's what and what's needed when, many riddles will solve.

Simply we need to accept that not only in Saudi Arabia, all Muslim or Non-Muslim countries are not applying their religion rules in their countries, they have their own rules to control everything on base of what's happening around the world. (Everyone have right to do that).

Religion is respected from heart and up to worshiped their God (as they believed) not more than that.

I don't necessarily agree with the following but it's just my understanding of why this happens.

-- Bargaining power. In order to convince a non-Muslim engineer from US/UK/etc. to work in KSA, they must offer a competitive salary. Something that is worth more to him than staying in his home, so obviously it had to be higher than the standard engineer's salary in those western countries.

If they offer a competitive salary for a Pakistani engineer (based on what he'd earn back home in Pakistan) it comes out much, much less than US.

-- Supply and demand. There are way more professionals from Arab and Asian countries who want to work in KSA. This gives the employer more power. "If you don't like the terms, there are 100 more waiting in line."

Of course this doesn't cover the entire topic but hopefully it gives some insight. The practice does have some logic behind it.

Personally the answer I told myself is the cons of a developing country,people seem to accept the discrimination and also the fact many people won't be interested if the pay back home is much better

But as the first post stated,It's stereotypically true to a certain point I won't lie.

Akprince wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Eng.Saudi wrote:

Simply we need to accept that not only in Saudi Arabia, all Muslim or Non-Muslim countries are not applying their religion rules in their countries, they have their own rules to control everything on base of what's happening around the world. (Everyone have right to do that).

Religion is respected from heart and up to worshiped their God (as they believed) not more than that.

This is not exactly true, either. Islamic Sharia law remains the primary source of law here, applied throughout the Kindgom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_sys … udi_Arabia
"The legal system of Saudi Arabia is based on Sharia, Islamic law"
Countries run by sharia law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applicati … by_country

Just because you don't personally like the laws here, it doesn't mean you can just jump to your personal (biased) conclusions as Muslim by refusing to accept facts and saying that Saudi Arabia laws isn't Islamic at all.

Retrograt wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with the following but it's just my understanding of why this happens.

-- Bargaining power. In order to convince a non-Muslim engineer from US/UK/etc. to work in KSA, they must offer a competitive salary. Something that is worth more to him than staying in his home, so obviously it had to be higher than the standard engineer's salary in those western countries.

If they offer a competitive salary for a Pakistani engineer (based on what he'd earn back home in Pakistan) it comes out much, much less than US.

-- Supply and demand. There are way more professionals from Arab and Asian countries who want to work in KSA. This gives the employer more power. "If you don't like the terms, there are 100 more waiting in line."

Of course this doesn't cover the entire topic but hopefully it gives some insight. The practice does have some logic behind it.

Good post.

lol @ Wikipedia as source...anything else could have been used...

i tell my fellow countrymen  who are new to KSA ,..... i summarize the following way !
" this is their country, we are here to work ...so that we give some better life for our people at home,
respect their laws , policies !
( I also encourage them to study their ways, understand their ways)
this is a Islamic country, it is official here , still they allow you to work......it is a favor they are doing to us !
the salaries they pay you far better than you get at home , n this place is safe with few precautions !
mind your own business , give best in your job,
(you have plenty of time for your self....use the time productively)
no personal opinions on this country in any social networking;
Don't forget why you are here and what for you are here;
when they ask you to go....just pack n go,
you can come back...they never stop you from that ! "

Eng.Saudi wrote:
Akprince wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

This is not exactly true, either. Islamic Sharia law remains the primary source of law here, applied throughout the Kindgom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_sys … udi_Arabia
"The legal system of Saudi Arabia is based on Sharia, Islamic law"
Countries run by sharia law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applicati … by_country

Just because you don't personally like the laws here, it doesn't mean you can just jump to your personal (biased) conclusions as Muslim by refusing to accept facts and saying that Saudi Arabia laws isn't Islamic at all.

Is that Islamic law ''what kafeel's doing around here with people'' or ''what's happening with drivers or house maids in house'' is that all you think Islam? if you talking about Islamic laws in Saudi Arabia then accept one thing, hardly Saudi kafeel following and Saudi Govt. also not supporting poor people against kafeel.

a.lebur wrote:

i tell my fellow countrymen  who are new to KSA ,..... i summarize the following way !
" this is their country, we are here to work ...so that we give some better life for our people at home,
respect their laws , policies !
( I also encourage them to study their ways, understand their ways)
this is a Islamic country, it is official here , still they allow you to work......it is a favor they are doing to us !
the salaries they pay you far better than you get at home , n this place is safe with few precautions !
mind your own business , give best in your job,
(you have plenty of time for your self....use the time productively)
no personal opinions on this country in any social networking;
Don't forget why you are here and what for you are here;
when they ask you to go....just pack n go,
you can come back...they never stop you from that ! "

Once you will face the other side of mirror you will see it's not really equal from both sided.
I am not talking here for my self, I respect everyone and all countries and not judging people by their religion.

I know other side..........how house maids and labor are treated in my country and Pakistan ;
I don't think it is that different from here ;
just tell me we are from subcontinent , do we consider pay appraisal every year for house maids in india or Pakistan ?  do we  consider same for labor in india and Pakistan ?
NO ...
they fight for it all the time.......every time we bargain ...so that we pay them same salary all their life ?

a.lebur wrote:

I know other side..........how house maids and labor are treated in my country and Pakistan ;
I don't think it is that different from here ;
just tell me we are from subcontinent , do we consider pay appraisal every year for house maids in india or Pakistan ?  do we  consider same for labor in india and Pakistan ?
NO ...
they fight for it all the time.......every time we bargain ...so that we pay them same salary all their life ?

No one get my point to explain all things up,
I am sure I repeated how many times, every country have good and bad things, but why you not just accept what I am saying all about here it's true? that's it no more no less

when you accept that every country has good and bad things...I suggest add sensitive things ;
and talking about your subject ..it comes under sensitive category ;

so better avoid such sensitive subjects ;

as someone said hundreds n thousands are waiting in line ;

So if we bring a maid/driver from west will they get paid more compared to other nationalities as well ?

When I accepted, why here people not accepting?
My question is simple....

hamudi wrote:

So if we bring a maid/driver from west will they get paid more compared to other nationalities as well ?

Hamudi that was out from our topic, actually regarding house maids or driver my mean to say, they are suffering lot's of issues inside the house, and they can't contact anyone during they stay here, as specially house maids are not allow to go out (70%) employer not giving them iqama and also holding their passports as i know every one have to hold his/her passport with him/her and iqama too, salary delaying..what's ever lot's issue as i have to much friends those are suffering. leave this topic bro i till say thanks Allah and pray for every one..  :thanks:

HA...HA..HA :lol:

AK
your concerns are right and reasonable ;
but this topic is projecting or singled out KSA.....where as similar situation prevails in many countries all over the world........
many observations we observe and projected in KSA.... do exist in our countries also ; correct me if am wrong ;

Yes a.Lebur you are right, But I am working living here so of curse i will talk about here ...
With all due respect May Allah bless all of us  :thanks:

now let's close this subject and all of us can go back to work work work...

on a side note, considering y'all to be at work now and posting on forums, you guys r definitely overpaid!!

:dumbom:

:par:

I came here in Saudi Arab with an American  for the same job as Aviation Technical Instructors, My salary was SAR 6800   and i was very happy but when i came here and observe the salary of American ,his salary was almost SAR 25000 . M duty was more hard than him, i was more experienced and better instructor than him and do not refuse to work morning and afternoon where as american goes home at 1 normally . Finally i decided to leave because of  big salary difference. When management realize this, do not increase my salary but decided to release American. What we have to do . we have to trust on our  capabilities then you can decide  to take risk .GCC countries are under more influence and under pressure by European. They do not see the work abilities of the individual but consider the nationality. This may be known as discrimination. Salaries based on nationality  is obviously unfair, harmful and does not promote work  atmosphere which is against the company (workplace) culture. Salaries must be based on Qualification, Experience and finally on performance.

Agreed and appreciated your comments Mr. Saleem

You are welcome Mr.AKPrince  and thnx for your time to read my comments

Basically the thing is asians are exploited as usual. asians have the tag of hard working, no question about authority happy with what they get and there job means everything to them usually dont understand arabic so are not really aware of the right and laws hesitate to ask for what is rightfully theirs and try to steer clear of trouble many have responsibilities back  home so try to manage with what ever they can get. getting visa is expensive and not at all easy.

as for arabs they tend to be a bit aggressive by nature dont usually take no for an answer different arab nationalities have different pay scale depending on the historical ties and favors given to each others countries . they dont hesitate to take the legal route if required and tend to behave superior due the similarities in culture and language. getting visa is easy

as for the westerners they have a "we are doing a favor to you" attitude plus there knowledge and  expertise on job tend to be really good for them working here is like a adventure and you leave when you like.
there is no question about the work antics and professionalism
like or dont like it but race plays a vitol role!!

Well said @Mahaq.

You reminded me of Malcolm Gladwell's book "Outliers", where he tried to explain why Asians have built-in advantage when it comes to Maths; and how cultural differences between crew has contributed to airplane crashes. Though it may cause inception of discrimination, the race consideration is a reality as it does play a vital role (reinstating you).

@Eng.Saudi. Although I am an expat in Saudi Arabia I totally agree with you. We are here to work only, and have  no right of challenging  the Saudi culture of salary division. If you think it's unfair go back home. Period.

desirus wrote:

@Eng.Saudi. Although I am an expat in Saudi Arabia I totally agree with you. We are here to work only, and have  no right of challenging  the Saudi culture of salary division. If you think it's unfair go back home. Period.

No one challenging anyone, it's general talk and we should have to accept the reality what's going on.

One reminder for all of my brothers and sisters those are aware from this , This is few words as i mentioned earlier from Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)..read carefully ; ...

''All mankind is from Adam and Eve.  An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action.  Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood.  Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly.  Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves''.

I only want everyone to accept what happening in globally with different races it's totally wrong, either it's here or any where of the world. No harm feeling, peace and have a good day.

salaam alaikum, Mr Hamudi,

Totally wrong perception about 3000 SAR salary like a minister at their home, I have born and brought up in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah and 3000 SAR I use to earn in Karachi when after my MBA i found a job there,  but since Jeddah is my hometown I came back here to work, and I'm getting an average salary here well no much complains and Alhamdulilah, I have already got  good experience of working in Jeddah,

Well about the conversion rate of their home country currency I totally agree and admit this thing, and this is an acceptable justification.

But regarding English spoken command and reputable schools my friend I'm from Pakistan and I can guarantee that there are few great business , medical and engineering school which are the best and comparable to American and European universities, many Arabs still come to study medicine to Pakistan specially in karachi, I'm from Karachi... and for Engineering as well, Our official language is English language so we learn English from grade one in school.. and I admit obviously not every Pakistani guy can be the same, u will find some very talented and breaking the ice guys and girls .

so I speak good English with a perfect American and bit of British accent.. yes but there are people who are from the country side of Pakistan and from small areas or villages u may expect lower standard from them so I would not really agree with all of your statements.

further more My DAD worked for SAUDI AIRLINES  for many years after his job got over due to SAUDIZATION 4 Saudi freshers are working on his post.

again, I said that's perception, not me saying it...

Hmm it is unfair when you think about it...In an ideal world people would b payed the same for the same job.. I think this is more fair no matter which nationality but maybe after some experience because the standard of Education in each country is different.. And yes Saudi especially should pay people doing the same job similar because it is the main muslim country governed under Sheria law. Anyway Allah knows best. I have British nationality and I feel this. As far as I'm aware the pay scale is in line with the standard of living of the country where the workers are from.

Agreed with you Shemsa  :one