Need advice on tour and things to see and do in Egypt

I am intending to visit Egypt for the 1st time and need some help from people who know the place. Help in the sense of advising on tour and things to see and do in Egypt,

yeah sure , you can come in anytime , and i can help you

okay come in and join our community i can help you

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board Rahamat  :)

A new thread has been created from your post on the Egypt forum since you posted on an old thread.

The threads in the Leisure and things to do in Egypt category of the forum will surely give you some ideas. Furthermore, you may go through the Blogs from expats in Egypt, surely you will have a glimpse of what you can do and visit during your stay.

@ Karem and fresh29, please provide any useful info if you have, it could be interesting to get some relevant infos on the topic.

All the best
Bhavna

Welcome Rahamat,

I would highly recommend visiting the Old Cairo part. This includes El-Moez Street which is a long one filled with old mosques and other old buildings such as a huge one that was dedicated to store drinking water. Actually you can go inside this huge tank and see the techniques that was used many many years ago to keep water cleanly stored. While walking in this street you can see tiny stores that show old coins, photos of kings that use to be in charge, old phones, radios, etc.

In the same street there is Khan El-Khalili where you can find nice souvenirs, 100% cotton scarves and Kashmir, silver handmade stuff, and many other interesting things.

There are also some nice coffee shops where you can have your drink while listening to Um Kolthoum songs. If you are lucky you may witness some musical performances right in El-Moez street that are free of charge.

I think this will be a nice place to start with. In case you need help with Arabic I'll be more than happy to help you. I'm not only a native speaker of Arabic, but I teach it to non natives. Welcome to Egypt.

Thank you Tota. I have noted your points and will go to El-Moez Street.

I am planning to stay 2 days in Cairo to see the Pyramids and then go to Luxor and spend 2 nights there. Do I have enough time in both cities to see most of the history? What is the best way to go to Luxor as I love sight seeing?

I will go on a river nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan-4 nights and then spend a night in Aswan before flying back to Cairo. Need some advise

I am a visitor in Cairo, and there were several places that were recommended to me as things to do, other than the pyramids:  1) Khan El-Khalili, a market area already mentioned; 2) Mohammed Ali Mosque, and the surrounding citadel; 3) Roman Babylon (I was told that that was "Old Cairo", but may be wrong), where the St. George's Cathedral was built over one of the towers, and there are also other churches and a synagogue.  I've been to Khan El-Khalili twice now, and find it quite an interesting place to explore.  There is also the "City of the Dead", i.e. the necropolis where people live, but it is probably best to be accompanied there.

I was in Luxor 20 years ago, and think two days is sufficient.  Three days would probably have been better for Cairo.  I am not able to recommend, but do know there is a train service.  It is not well known for good service levels and safety though, from what I have read.  Flying is your quickest and safest option.

Hello, we have a lot of experience with tourism and To help People in First visit To Egypt. We are having rental flats available. When Will You come and To which place?

I have now finalised my dates to Egypt. I will arrive in Cairo on 19 March and will stay there for 5 nights. From there I wish to take a day trip to Alexandria. Then I will travel to Luxor and stay 2 nights there. I will go on the Luxor-aswan cruise on 26 March. On 30 March, I will take a tour to Aby Simbel. Stay at Aswan and then fly back to Cairo on 31 March. Will fly to Madinah for Hajj Umrah on 1 April. I need some advise on hotels to stay in, local tours and transport to Luxor.

Ok You have To See It in 2 parts. Upper Egypt with cairo and Alexandria. And then You have second part Nile Valley from Luxor up To aboe simbel. How long Will You stay? If You like To do It All You need 2 weeks.

Please drop me an email at ***
It is easier to communicate.

I have already paid my tickets so I will have to see whatever I can see over this 13 days.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello,
I like To sens mail but they removed Your mail adress. Mine is luxorflats At Hotmail dot com. Maybe It Works when i Write It like this. I am working out from Luxor. You like hotel or flat To stay in Luxor?