Sports in Egypt

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Egypt?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Egypt?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

In Hurghada, Egypt and all around Egypt, mostly people get together to play soccer, i like to play it too.
The soccer fields are everywhere, in social clubs and sports clubs.

I also play squash. There are only few places that have squash courts.

The sport that i also love is rollerblading, however it's strange for people to see adults rollerblading. They think it's a toy for kids :)
Very hard to find a place to rollerblade.
Luckily i have at my beach house an area where i can rollerblade and then i jump right in the water when i am done.

Hurghada is a great place to live, where it's always sunny :)

Hello to all. I'm not egyption I'm ukrainian but I lived in Egypt before and I like this country and Red sea :)  I dont know about sport in Egypt but I like fitness, yoga, run and swim, arabic dance :)

Living in new Cairo since early last year.
We love sport,  I was a badminton player when in university. Unfortunately not easy to find badminton court here, as well as at my previous assignment.
Now, I play tennis regularly 2 - 3 times a week, plus at least 6 km threadmill every day.

masTKI wrote:

Living in new Cairo since early last year.
We love sport,  I was a badminton player when in university. Unfortunately not easy to find badminton court here, as well as at my previous assignment.
Now, I play tennis regularly 2 - 3 times a week, plus at least 6 km threadmill every day.

way to go masTKI, keep up the good workout :)

I like badminton, but it's bad to minton (mention) that it's really hard to find badminton courts in Egypt!
But if you keep searching, you will find, specially in Cairo it's a big city.

Thanks Shamshosho,
Actually somebody told me about badminton court in nasr city. But, it's on concrete floor. Not very good for an old man (I'm 5x) knees.

Can't resist with the food here. So hv to workout hard to maintain my weight.

masTKI wrote:

Thanks Shamshosho,
Actually somebody told me about badminton court in nasr city. But, it's on concrete floor. Not very good for an old man (I'm 5x) knees.

Can't resist with the food here. So hv to workout hard to maintain my weight.

Just get yourself a good pair of shoes and you will be alright. 5x, is not that old, just get yourself used to certain level of toughness and your body will adjust automatically.

As for the food, better than Mc and BurgerKing huh? those Egyptians and their tasty food! no complains there :) and not bad when it comes to the ladies either!!!

I play tennis.  tennis courts are available in my place  ( new Cairo)  I invite every one who are interested to play with me.  Good luck