Get a family member (son), non EU, to live with parent in MALTA.

Hi everybody,

I would like to know what has to be done in order to get a family member to live with a parent here in MALTA. Parent already lives here and waiting for residence permit to come out.
Next step would be to get the parent's son (3 yrs old) to live together here in Malta.
What steps have to be done for that? What permits, and where to go to apply etc?

Thanks for the help.

This link may help with documents required but the circumstances regarding your specific question will have a bearing on the entry to any EU  country.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr … dex_en.htm

Terry

Will check

thanks Terry

The application for family reunification is through the same department as the parent is applying for residency.  The rules are:

Third country nationals, who are legally residing in Malta, have the right to apply for the reunification of the family members (the spouse, who shall be twenty-one years or over and the minor unmarried children under eighteen years of age) provided they satisfy the conditions of the above-mentioned regulations.

The sponsor, that is, the third country national who applies for family reunification, shall enjoy such right only if he/she has reasonable prospects of permanent residence in Malta and

has accommodation regarded as normal for a comparable family in Malta and

has stable and regular resources which would be the equivalent of the average wage (in 2008 approximately €13,395) in Malta, with an additional 20% of the said average wage for each member of the family.

The family members concerned shall not be allowed to join the sponsor unless the latter has resided for a minimum period of two years in Malta. In fact the sponsor may not submit an application for family reunification before he/she has resided in Malta for at least twelve months; the family members should not be residing in Malta.

There are a few further rules and if the 2 years period is not reached the application can still be considered but the non-EU has no right to family reunification before the 2 years have been reached.

So it really depends on the circumstances of the non-EU parents application but could prove to be difficult.

Cheers
Ricky

Dear sir,

While one parents {mother} non Eu is in Malta already ,and me {father} non eu have the approval letter by id Malta and will apply for visa soon.i have a situation so pls advise me.
Mother already applied for Id card but it takes 6-8 weeks to get it.
Now can you please advise how can I apply for my only 4 year son together with my visa.
Rental deed is on mother name.
I am absolutely clueless on this .

Thanks

This is 3 years old, the last member that commented has not posted in 2 years. You will not get a reply. I suggest you start a new post with your question for a better response.