How to prove that my family name is on the deeds?

Hello All,

I was born and live in the UK my name is Leo. 

We used to live in Paphos on the most beautiful farm in a village called Kouklia but around 1974 my father feared for our safety (being of Turkish origin) and took us to London where I was born.

Obviously after the events that unfolded we could not return and my mother and father stayed in the UK and made a new life for us.

But my fathers heart was broken but he carried on life and worked as a pot washer for 35 years to provide for us.  It was too painful for him to remember his old life and he never really liked to talk about it, unfortunately we never returned to Cyprus again.  Now regrettably my father recently passed away and on his last days he began to talk about the Farm.  I learnt that the Farm and its land is still there (and in use) but do not know how to find it to see it or find any proof that our family name is on the deeds.

Is there anyone who lives in Paphos that can help me bring some light to this situation I am happy to pay any expenses occurred and willing to fly over for a few days.

Kind Regards
Leo

Hi Leo and welcome to Expat.com :)

In order to increase the number of views for this topic, i have created a separated thread with your post on the Cyprus forum.

Concerning your issue, i think that you should get into contact with a good lawyer, he might be more apt to give you more information and guide you.

Good luck and my condolences

Priscilla  :cheers:

There is sure to be a sort of land registry here so id start there....

Here is some information about the District Land Office in Paphos :

The main objective of the District Land Office (DLO) in Pafos is to serve individuals and corporate bodies when dealing with property related matters. In particular the DLO accepts and completes all kinds of applications concerning property transfers, mortgages, forced sales, tenure, registration, valuation, management of state lands, surveying, mapping and issuing copies of plans and maps. Furthermore, the DLO provides any information that is in the sphere of its responsibility.

Note that, for the best service of the public, the DLO operates sub-office, periodically, in the premises of the Municipality of Polis Chrysochous.

District Land Officer: Mrs. Ioanna Georgiadou-Panagiotou

Address: New Governmental Offices, P.O.Box 60008, 8100 Pafos
Telephone: 26804160
Fax: 26306129
Email: [email protected]

Public Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 15.00 p.m.

http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/DLS/dls.nsf/d … enDocument

Thanks