New immigration requirement

Just been advised of a new requirement for my immigration appointment in March 2023 2 weeks ahead of the date. Apparently the new requirement is to not only have the x-ray and blood tests but now we need to have a certification form (Ministry of health medical and public health) signed by a doctor to certify we are not carriers and do not suffer from tuberculosis, hepatitis or b, hiv, syphilis

Good update although I knew there was one more test but couldn't remember what it was ....

I guess as these tests are likely to be done here pre residency appt then surely the clinic or lab who will perform these tests will notify authorities .. duty of care and all that ... So am guessing the patient needs to request the certification..is that right

I have been sent the forms for the doctor to complete. The hospital that did the tests did not provide these or complete them at the time of the tests which would be logical! The crazy thing is that the hospital provided a doctors letter confirming that the tests were all negative just not on the official form we now have. How many times do we need to be certified negative lol

It might be worth taking the forms to the hospital when the tests are performed and ask them to have the doctor sign them. We did not know that when we had ours done but could be a recommendation for anyone else going.

@phildraper top information .. thanks Phil...

@phildraper phil, who sent the forms to you  Thanks Gary

The immigration company I am using got them from the immigration office this week.

@phildraper ok thanks.

@phildraper Phil where did you get the forms from please?

are children also required todo these tests?

The company advising us are not very forthcoming with information

For children under 15 years old no x-ray is required and a Mantoux Skin Test may be required instead. For children who are under 6 years of age, no medical examinations are required..

The doctor will check you for TB by the so-called Mantoux test. This is just a small injection of dead mycobacteria into the skin of your hand with a very small needle. After 2-3 days, the doctor will examine your hand at the sting site to assess whether it has risen and hardened at the injection point and measure this in millimeters. Only your doctor can evaluate this test on your hand, because according to certain criteria he will estimate whether you are infected with tuberculosis. In addition, there is a special blood test which can assess whether you are infected with TB, which has the advantage of not requiring revisit your doctor in 48-72 hours, as the Mantoux test.

I must admit to never having heard of this test so whether they apply it or not I cannot say.... Am sure that if they did we or at least someone would have heard of it.

@phildraper hi I have just been through this had xrays bloods then I had to go to a different hospital to get them certified €10 the lady who did bloods told us where to go a long wait but worth it take all docs and xrays test results passport ect we went to reception at hospital long wait but they where approved hope it helps

@adamincyprus

I have looked back on my papers and cannot see where I downloaded the forms from. If your immigration professional is not good you should get another as without a good one it will be a real pain getting thru  all this. I think I was given the web address by my immigration person. I cannot find the copies of the form so cannot give you the number. My google search has not thrown it up.

@adamincyprus

I have found the forma nd it was sent to me by CC&A the immigration company I used. I cannot upload it here but if you are unable to get one just PM me

@Toon Thanks thats really helpful info. We took 1 year old today for blood test. Not nice to hear them crying and they could not find blood.

However now it seems under 6 is not required. Lets prey!!!

Good luck I hope all goes well

@Toon Today we went for the immigration meeting! We have young children

6 years old - had blood test - they seemed to be ok with that

14 months old - We took him for blood test. Couldnt do due to small veins. I double checked with the lawer who said no need for the baby to have any test.

Today immigration meeting, says baby need medical examination. Lawer decides oh yes baby does need. But cant tell me exactly what.

The lawers are bloody clueless. Still unsure exactly what is required for the baby. Have a letter that says we can stay for extra days until a further appointment! What hope do we have when lawer does not even know th immigration law!!!!!

Welcome to Cyprus and it's laxadaisical ways ...

is Cyprus will grant residence permit to work for non EU immigrant with successful treated syphilis? I am currently (non reactive at Rpr/vdrl but  reactive at tpha/tppa)

@revilo69 firstly you will need to find a company that cannot fill the job with Cypriot or EU citizen. Only then can they officially employ a non EU person. They apply for work permit not you.

Plus you need to be resident to work legally in Cyprus

I got interviewed and already hired by Cypriot employer but sadly my medical exam yesterday here in philippines made me unfit to work because i had history of syphilis but already treated, I am currently non reactive to Rpr/Vdrl test but permanently reactive to tpha test, so just asking if cyprus accepting foreign workers with treated syphilis?

@Toon i got interviewed through our agency here in philippines and already get hired by Cypriot Employer but honestly i had syphilis infection before but it was already treated and its 100% curable, so I ask if it will be ground of not granting residence permit?

@revilo69 medical tests for residence i believe need to be done in cyprus

These tests need to be done here in Cyprus plus you must test clear ..Syphilis  is not curable but it is controllable and treatable.. once you have it never ever goes away. I don't know for sure but would suggest that a failed test for Syphillis here would result in a rejected application...

To work here you must be resident and to be resident you must be clear of all medical testing to get  through the residency application..  All employers here must prove your skills cannot be provided by a Cypriot first and second any EU national .    Third Country Nationals come third.

Your best bet is to contact immigration and ask there

@Toon search about syphilis in google, its curable and bacteria goes away with proper antibiotics, only antibodies to bacteria remain forever in system

If caught early let's hope you did... I stand corrected

As regards accepting your application I suggest you ask at immigration .. You can email them and they usually answer quickly...

@Toon what is the email address of immigration and Ministry of Health there in Cyprus?

PM Sent sent to you

Remember Monday is a holiday